Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my new 2018 GT Tomorrow and just realized it has no remote Start. Up here in VT that is a must and I just assumed it would have it as all my other Mopars came with that for the past several years.

There are only two GT's in the whole state right now and this one is exactly what I wanted,(Black with the Ruby red Seats)
so I snatched it up only to learn now you need the Drivers conveniance group to get the remote start.

This one only has the GT interior package.

Funny thing is my build sheet says I have Universal Garage door opener and that is only supposed to come in the DCG also.

Anyway does anybody know if the factory remote can be added to the GT's

Thanks, Can't wait till tomorrow!!0:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats on the GT from Mass. got mine last March and love it. Post pics when u get it. Not sure about the remote start issue. Mine came with the driver convenience group so I have as part of that package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You can add dealer installed Mopar remote start, unless for some reason they changed it for 2018.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can add dealer installed Mopar remote start, unless for some reason they changed it for 2018.
I discussed it today with the service manager when I picked it up.

It is not available for 2018 yet for some reason. He seems to think it is probably the same as the 2017 but the parts coding has not caught up to 2018 models yet.

Hopefully soon it will be out and I will just add it. It is only a module and two key fobs, but my experiance tells me the dealer will have to go in a change the sales code for it to work

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Interesting...I wonder if it has to do with the secure gateway module. It's probably in the works, you might have to wait a few months or something.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting...I wonder if it has to do with the secure gateway module. It's probably in the works, you might have to wait a few months or something.
i just picked up my challenger last week. had the parts department order the remote start. there was not a listing for the gt he had to contact mopar but called me back and said yes they are available - have not received it yet - was told about 10 days to get

·
Registered
194 Posts
There is a subscription-based service through uconnect to remote start it from your phone, but you probably have to have remote start installed to begin with. Worth checking.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
New to Challenger ............But not new to Rem Start business.........30 years in...........IdataLink makes a unit that interfaces easily. Uses Lock 3X to start on factory Remote. Mine will come with it , but I am adding the IdataLink because of the 35 Min runtime. Northern VT here

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New to Challenger ............But not new to Rem Start business.........30 years in...........IdataLink makes a unit that interfaces easily. Uses Lock 3X to start on factory Remote. Mine will come with it , but I am adding the IdataLink because of the 35 Min runtime. Northern VT here
Where do you get those in VT?
Whats involved with hooking them up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are available. I had one installed in December. I had my dealer tell me that they didn't exist so I called another and got the part number. I had my dealer order it and do the install. So glad I added this option.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Remote Start on GT 2018

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
Customer Preferred Package 21B
Driver Convenience Group $1,095
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
Blind Spot and Rear Cross Path Detection
Remote Start System (N/A w/Manual Trans)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts