Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently attempted to hook up a amp for some mids that I wanted to put into my car and I touched the factory wires that went to the factory sub and all my sound cut out I’ve changed the amp fuse and even switched out the factory amp for a different one and still no sound when I got the car it already have an aftermarket black box under the steering wheel with all my wires coming from the receiver going to the little black box and the jacks and remote wires allowing me to run subs to my factory deck which I had and everything played fine until I attempted to add an extra amp and touched those wires now nothing so can anyone explain what the problem may be cause nowhere I take it can seem to figure it out. Do I need to get a new black box or just bypass the factory amp all together

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,682 Posts
If this were mine, I think I would start at the head-unit and work my way outward toward the speakers to see where the sound waves stop.

Do the wires coming out of the head-unit and headed for the amp show A/C voltage when there is (supposed to be) music playing (or a test track like used to set up an amp’s gain)?

What is the resistance for each channel?

If there is 5-9v(ac) coming out of the head-unit and no channel has infinite resistance, I would find the next piece of hardware in line and do the same type is tests to check if that’s the problem piece.

And so on and so forth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts