Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that don't have a spare tire,what do you plan on doing? Or has having a flat tire already happened? Iim hoping it never happens but I bought this Passenger Tire Heavy Duty String Repair Kit with the air pump kit that came with the car. I have no jack and a phone to call for a tow thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Plan B

You know, we went to our insurance company and made sure we got free towing & roadside assistance (also from Dodge). I have two sources to go to. Also plan to buy a spare can of Slime because they are less than $10. AND LET US PRAY I NEVER HAVE TO USE ANY OF THESE OPTIONS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I have an extra wheel so I bought the spare tire bracket that bolts in the trunk.

I bought it from Luke at Steve White a forum vendor here on the site. Very good price and fast shipping.

Dale

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
I have one of these.

After a few years I did get a used (new take off) mini spare tire & jack, but I still carry the plug kit.

I have not had to use the plug kit or the spare.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
When I got my challenger I told the dealer that I want a full size spare for my challenger and it is a 20 inch classic wheel and I have plenty of room for my two chairs and 10x10 tent and cleaning things and other things.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
No spare !! My only complaint since moving from my previous R/T to my current SRT. I'd have been far more impressed with a spare tire than those absurd "twin" HK subwoofers which are obviously a big deal with the musically-impaired hip-hop/(c)rap crowd. I'd just as soon cut the wires and throw the damn things in a garbage bin except the effect that would have on future resale value.

Oh, by the way...........I've long been a member of the Automobile Club of Michigan (AAA) - an organization that provides all types of road side assistance.

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
111 Posts
You'd probably want a spare tire. On my way from Austin to Houston I ran over a nail and my rear tire blew. There was also a smell of burned rubber when I pulled over so it was completely done for, I don't think any tire repair kit would've fixed that. Thank god for the spare tire didn't leave me stranded on the side of the road at night haha.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,507 Posts
I had one of the factory donut spares in my spare tire well when I bought my car, but in the interest of reclaiming that valuable real estate and saving weight at the same time, I removed the spare tire and now keep a tire plug kit and a 12volt air compressor there (along with various other tools).

So far I have had two flats which required me to use the plug kit, so in that sense, my experiment has been a resounding success. However, I am fully aware that if I ever have a blowout, I will need to resort to calling someone to help out. Luckily for me, I have a cell phone and friends scattered from here south to San Antonio and east to Abilene. And on the rare occasion I am required to travel outside my "friend area", I will bring the donut spare along.
I won't go so far as to say I recommend this solution to everyone, but it has certainly worked for me during the last 30 months and 84K miles of driving. Take from that what you wish.

Nuke

Reactions: My bad

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I try not to think about it, and to forget that I don't have a spare.

I had a roofing nail in my tire, TPMS warned me as I pulled out of my driveway that the tire was flat. I quickly turned around and inflated the tire and rushed over to Discount and had them fix it for free.

If I get a blowout or a flat on the road, I'll call for a tow.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,507 Posts
Extreme Response?

... If I get a blowout or a flat on the road, I'll call for a tow.
This is disconcerting on many levels:
1) Who do you know that has access to such weaponry?
2) Isn't it a little extreme to destroy your car with an anti-tank missile all because of a bad tire?

HAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry, I've got 4 Blue Moons downa d a 5th one one the way, so I'm feelin' a little froggy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys have made,me think a lot ,mabe a bare tire,jack and a can of,started fluid or pony up for 20" spare hmmm

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
I've got 18's and gonna find a way to mount a full size spare without using the Charger police spare kit because I don't like the way that causes you to lose the folding lid, there's gotta be a way to do this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts