Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Challenger SE. Sry for a long post, trying to be concise. Just purchased the car a few weeks ago and had to rebuild rear suspension. Never received a key fob so I have been using just a standard looking key, which was working fine. Has the driver door battery drain problem so I had been disconnecting the negative battery terminal at night. Had only driven the car maybe four or five times with no issues. One of those times I did notice a three second delay when starting. Then last time I drove it home, the car started right up, but the headlights delayed coming on four or five seconds(not sure if this means anything). On the way home the CEL comes on but no noticeable changes in performance or electronics. Get home, disconnect battery, next time I go to start it... Nothing. All lights come on and radio and horn and everything work. Just no crank, or clicking under the hood. I've checked all grounds, battery is definitely good, starter relay is good. I've tried putting it in neutral and wiggled the shifter, no change. Ive tried jumping it. The dash lights come on and the CEL blinks maybe 5-8 times then is constant. The red light comes on but goes off. Turn the key, small click under shifter, dash lights go off for about five seconds and then beep n come back on. I've tried to read the CEL codes but none come up. Seems electrical but I can't find it. Could I have maybe fried the PCM connecting and disconnecting the battery several times?? Could it be a security system shut down since I don't have a fob? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
I have seen a few posts of guys with 2010-2011 challengers that have starting issues and everything seems to point to the WIN "wireless ignition node". Although, if you are using a metal valet how is the WIN getting the sentry signal which usually comes from the key fob? To diagnose the WIN you need delearship scan tool but here is the procedure from chilton.

Here is the link to access the chilton online manual. Good luck and please provide an update if you resolve your issue. Lots of posts about no start but very few followups.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts