Dodge Challenger Forum banner

NO Steering wheel controls ..covered under warranty ???

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Kean 
#1 ·
guys i have a 2010 r/t without the convience group but I do no have Steering wheel controls so i cant access the EVIC.

I saw a couple threads but is this being covered under warranty and anyone with any expirience in dealing with the dealership would be a great help

thanks

#3 ·
There was a recall on some R/T's that had the electonics group that did not come with the controls. Not many had it. If you do not have the electronics group its not gonna be covered under warranty because your car is not supposed to have them anyway.

#8 ·
....you're not understanding. You're saying you don't have the electronic convenience group which means you won't have EVIC. ....and therefore no steering wheel controls. Again, what are you trying to do and/or what's the problem?

#6 ·
Look on your window sticker and see if you have the EVIC option. If you don't, you won't have steering wheel controls.

Some early 2010 cars were built incorrectly and in fact did have EVIC, but no steering wheel controls. If your window sticker shows that you have EVIC, but you do not have steering wheel controls, your dealer will add the steering wheel controls under warranty. This was a very small batch of cars, however.

If this doesn't answer your question, then I don't think any of us understand your question.

#7 ·
Here are the ones recalled. If you have that sales code you should have EVIC

Recall J36 Steering wheel controls
Applies to 2010`s only

Electronics convenience group (Sales code AFC)
Built thru Oct 7 2009

Steering wheel mounted audio control switches on about 300 Cars were not installed during manufacturing

Switches and related wiring will be installed.

#14 ·
Not sure if this might help, but here's a link to the spec sheet (pdf) for the 2010. Here's an explanation of the Electronics Convenience Group and the details of what's included (you can find it on page c/37):

Electronics Convenience Group—Includes illuminated cup holders, rearview auto-dimming mirror with microphone, instrument cluster with display, temperature and compass with mini trip computer, Keyless Go, security alarm, Uconnect Phone, iPod® Control, HomeLink universal transceiver, remote start (automatic only) and Tire-pressure Monitoring (TPM)

(available on Challenger R/T “J” Group and Challenger R/T Classic “M” Group only)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.