Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do my windows have auto down, but not auto up? I find it odd. I was just wondering if there was a reason for it. My old crappy Mazda had auto up. Just curious if there is a good reason or they just didn't do it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Would be nice for sure, have it on my Toyota.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My '14 Durango has auto up. If it were really a liability or safety hazard, Dodge wouldn't have it on some models.

Unlessss they figured that Challengers are so gorgeous that young ladies and/or gentlemen would constantly be leaning into the window to flirt with the driver and thus be a greater risk :rolleyes:

I bet it is either a cost decision or has something to do with the frameless windows.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bet it is either a cost decision or has something to do with the frameless windows.
That's what I was thinking. Because the window is frameless. But I still think its kind of odd. We can all speculate, but if anyone knows the real reason, lets us know! It's just weird!

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Oh, I know some engineers that could do it........:icon_aetsch:

Our Toyota has auto up too, Ford truck does not.
Mustang has auto up, a beloved feature I will lose next year:(

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's just cost cutting. It probably saves 25c per car or something like that.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I wonder if it has anything to do with the hi and lo bus. All the hi bus cars have auto up. Challenger is a lo bus. Just a guess, I'm no engineer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is kinda like the decision to not put a glove box light when the harness is there and all you need is a switch, bulb and plastic trim to add it.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It is kinda like the decision to not put a glove box light when the harness is there and all you need is a switch, bulb and plastic trim to add it.
Does anyone keep driving gloves in their glove compartment anymore? Maybe it's time by now to call it something else

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the shape of the window. If the rear edge goes straight up, you get auto-up. If there's point where somebody in the back seat can get a finger pinched by the rear of the window, no auto up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Might have to do with the window dropping 1/4" and back up when opening and closing the doors being frameless.

My 2010 Ram has this option as well and I really like it. Bonus is I can open the windows with the fob on both my 2010's. Liked that option as well. Too bad it's gone.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My son,s 2010 genesis is a two door frameless , 1/4 drop window and has auto up on both driver,s and passenger,s side windows ,nice option to have

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does anyone keep driving gloves in their glove compartment anymore? Maybe it's time by now to call it something else
I do, a pair of fingerless leather driving gloves, Sullivan, hand made in the USA. :)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I've always wondered if other model Chrysler use the same switches and have auto up could we just get the switch from like a 2010 or so charger, 300 and replace ours or is there more to auto up then just the switch?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
My wife's Audi A4, which is not as well made, has auto-up windows. But to tell you the truth, I sometimes wish they were not auto-up, as they make it tricky to raise the window to the desired level in a hurry.
In other words, I don't miss the feature in my Challenger.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts