Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nitrous Install
Step 1
I started with running the #6 feed line. Drilled a hole in the trunk were I thought itshould end up. I ran it along the Parking brake cable, with hard mounts (Idon’t line wire ties under the car if I can help it!) up the finder well acrossto where I terminated it where I switch over to hard line. I looped the extraline in the trunk. And hard mounted it down, so it can’t move around.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I ran the line up between the inner and outer fender well. and left it on the firewall where I switched to hard line up to the NO2solenoid.
once I had the line how I wanted it I took the excess and mounted it down in the trunk ,under the floor mat . I had to cut the underside of the trunk mat so it would sit flat with the line under it.

Next I mounted the Nitrous Outlet hard line plate system. To the intake. (You have to tap the intake for the longer bolts. (I used 1/4x20stainless cap screws on mine, to go with the other stainless I have on themotor) than made up my hard lines to the plate system.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wiring (I hate wiring!!)
You will need to get the console loose enough to
run the wires under it (6 screws and pull the trim ring andplate around the shifter and un plug the wire for the cup holder light) I didnot remove console (wire bundle would have had to be dealt with and I did notfeel like dealing with itJ)I just blocked it up with a 4x4 so I could run them under the carpet, from the trunk along the wire harness run , to the carpet in the rear seat. then under the carpet to the console.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wires to the front I snake them under the from of the console along the dash brace and out through the harness grommet left and below the brake booster.( be carful when doing this that you don't get into the harness bundle)
then over to where I was going to mount the relays, next to the front fuse box. I took key on power from the power point and hooked it up to a fuse block since I would need fusing for my gauges later.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Since mine is a 2012 I had to adjust the console mountedswitch panel to fit (just re-bend the bracket underneath a touch)
I decided to solder the power wire 12 GA wire because. to feed all the switches to the switches (to eliminate extra connections)
bolted down the bottle and mount finish up the connections and done.
I won best of show for modern at the next show !!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts
Congrats on Best Of Show! Well done :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cratos,

First off congrats on Best of Show. Secondly thank you very much for this detailed post. Lastly a few questions for you, did you Paint your fuse box yourself? Additionally, how does the fuse box come apart. I'm in the middle of an install, and I want to connect a circuit boss up to my fuse box for switched power as well. I have a lot of my install done, but I still need to finish up the wiring process, as well. Also thanks for showing the bottle mounted, you confirmed what I had planned in my head. I very much appreciate this thread and you for putting it up for the rest of us DIYers out here.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are welcome
The same gut that painted my intake panted the rest of thestuff, ( he is east of Tampa fl.) he did a great job.
The fuse box lid pops off in the open position (you can seethe split hinge when it is open. the front cover is a bit of a pain but willcome off but use the plastic trim tools so you don't mar it up.
I am Happy to help

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cratos, again I have to thank you for this very thorough and detailed example of how you installed your nitrous system. I'm not almost done with my install, and I've used this thread extensively. Tonight when I get home, I'll run the Nitrous feed line similarly to the way you went, but with a bulk head fitting to keep the whole in the trunk small, then I just have to install my circuit boss, and complete the wiring. I'm hoping to be able to post up times Friday if I can get everything done.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy my info was helpful :0) just got my cat less mids done today, Hope I'm done for a while now. :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
I know right, I thought I was done, until I did this freaking N2O install. Then I realized I need do my SRT8 header swap. Jeesh another 10 or so hours on my back under neath this car. I hope this ends up being worth it.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,523 Posts
Thanks for the detailed thread Cratos! I've been wanting to try and install a secondary fuse block for lighting and I'm just nervous about it. I stink at wiring stuff, but am pretty meticulous at preparing and planning it so that I don't screw it up. You helped with that....Thank You! :cheers:
Do you, by chance have any finished pictures of your newly installed fuse block in the engine bay?

I know right, I thought I was done, until I did this freaking N2O install. Then I realized I need do my SRT8 header swap. Jeesh another 10 or so hours on my back under neath this car. I hope this ends up being worth it.
It'll be worth it the first time that you fire her up with the headers on!

You'll need a chisel to get the smile off of your face! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts