Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the temp gets below 40* i get a creeking sound in steering cloumn. Sounds like it is comming from the top of the column just behind panel. It happens when I have my hand on the wheel going down the road or if I wiggle the wheel up and down. Took it to the dealer but it was above 40 and no creeking. Anybody else having this problem. I'm afraid if it dose it at the dealer they will say it is normal like the cold start rattle that continues after it is up to and beyond operating temp. It is amazing what is passed off as NORMAL! Sorry about the rant. Let me know anything that you think might help.:brickwall:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I been getting some noise since temps dropped. stops after car warms up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine creeks even after it is warmed up. Infact it wont stop untill the outside temp is above 40. That is with the defrost and heater. Never had this problem with a new car before.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
This is my third winter with the car. The steering noise gets worse each year. Had the after cooler recall instaled a year ago. I now have a bad groan when you turn the wheel that comes out of the same place your talking about. After its warm and lasts for about a half hour. Nothing could be more normal that faulty steering. Guess its much easyer to replace a dead customer than defective steering. Still trying to get over the razor blade slice in my dash from the dealer insp sticker job. And I figured theres no way they could fuc& that up. Westbury Dodge service is worse that a doctor that cuts off your jewels when all you went in for was a flu shot.

·
Registered
466 Posts
just had mine fixed at the dealer
it is the steering column shaft boot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts