Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the Speedlogix adjustable front and rear control arms installed on my 2013 SXT. The rears are fine, but the fronts make an unsettling noise under suspension travel and load transfer. The sound is like a clunking coming from the front wheel wells and does not always occur at both wheels; it is certainly different from the squeak of polyurethane bushings as I can sometimes discern that when I'm not hearing the sound in question. At first, I thought the control arms were contacting the wheel well liners so I trimmed them away where it looked like they were being hit. However, the noise persists. The ride doesn't feel noticeably harsher now and when I put a light up above the liner, there don't appear to be any marks, so I'm disinclined to believe that the arms are hitting anything that would make this noise. My gut tells me that this noise is a result of the ball joint where the control arms bolt to the knuckles, but that's really just a guess.
The vehicle is lowered roughly 1.5" with Hotchkis springs. The alignment was set as close to factory specifications as the new arms' adjustability allows. The noise occurs at low and high speeds, when cornering and driving straight, and with the car loaded with cargo as well as empty.
Any help figuring out what is causing this noise and how to fix it (preferably without having to revert to stock) would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you check for loose bolts/nuts? Suspension stuff should always be rechecked for correct torque after driving so many miles too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Get yourself a chassis ear, the wired one works fine, this will pinpoint the noise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
they are noisy....
Luke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts