Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 SXT and the wipers are very noisy on the upstroke and what seems to be the passenger side only. Is this normal or is something else going on I need to be concerned about?

·
Registered
2018 Billet SXT Plus
100 Posts
Also, along with what Bob has said you can also take some of your favorite car polish, and using that combined with some .000 steel wool, go over the entire windshield. It will create a smooth surface for the wipers, as well as help the rain bead off.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Also, along with what Bob has said you can also take some of your favorite car polish, and using that combined with some .000 steel wool, go over the entire windshield. It will create a smooth surface for the wipers, as well as help the rain bead off.
I thought it was 0000 to use on glass?
There is a guy on you tube who demonstrated how to throughly clean the glass.
On another note, my Challenger in now 8 years old and I have never turned the wipers on, not even to test them.

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought it was 0000 to use on glass?
There is a guy on you tube who demonstrated how to throughly clean the glass.
On another note, my Challenger in now 8 years old and I have never turned the wipers on, not even to test them.
Surly you jest? And don't call you Shirley? Garage kept and never driven during inclement weather? My 2015 is on original blades (12k miles, outside parking) are starting to streak and I'd like to know your secret.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Surly you jest? And don't call you Shirley? Garage kept and never driven during inclement weather? My 2015 is on original blades (12k miles, outside parking) are starting to streak and I'd like to know your secret.
Washing the glass I’ve lifted the blades off the glass if that counts, lol.
How about the car has never been washed other than when dealer delivered it to me. It’s covered in the garage with fleece blankets on the hood, roof and trunk to keep any dust or dirt off the top surfaces and it’s detailed after every outing. It’s absolutely as clean or better than the day I brought it home inside and out. I’ve taken the wheels off to clean the barrels on the back side and the calipers too. I have won almost 4 dozen trophies currently.
Yes, I’m surely serious! Haha
Enjoy your car.

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,427 Posts
I have a 2018 SXT and the wipers are very noisy on the upstroke and what seems to be the passenger side only. Is this normal or is something else going on I need to be concerned about?
My experience over the years with various cars is the wipers get bad. Sunlight and exposure to just the air ages the rubber and the blades can get noisy.

You can try to "clean" the blades. I used a sponge with an cleaning pad on one side and rubbed this along the blade edge. The glass was clean. If you want to clean it clean is with soap and water or a glass cleaner. I would not use any steel wool on the glass, nothing abrasive in fact.

While this might provide a temporary solution the real "fix" is to replace the blades. They are a wear item, and a item that suffers from exposure, and need to be replaced when they show signs of needing to be replaced. Becoming noisy is such a sign.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.