Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
A couple of thoughts,
Clean out everything from inside your car and trunk that can fly around.
Add a couple of psi to your tires, on hard corners they will want to roll onto the sidewall, the fronts will need a little more than the rears because of all of the weight over them.
Make sure you have good clean brake fluid and at least 50% of your pads left, you will use them up much faster than you expect to.
Also show up with a full tank of gas, it goes fast too.
Leave traction control on, you want to be able to drive your car home at the end of the day.
Don't forget to pay attention to the flaggers around the track, it's easy to get caught up in the experience and forget to look up.
Biggest thing is to have fun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A couple of thoughts,
Clean out everything from inside your car and trunk that can fly around.
Add a couple of psi to your tires, on hard corners they will want to roll onto the sidewall, the fronts will need a little more than the rears because of all of the weight over them.
Make sure you have good clean brake fluid and at least 50% of your pads left, you will use them up much faster than you expect to.
Also show up with a full tank of gas, it goes fast too.
Leave traction control on, you want to be able to drive your car home at the end of the day.
Don't forget to pay attention to the flaggers around the track, it's easy to get caught up in the experience and forget to look up.
Biggest thing is to have fun.
Thanks for the info. Getting new brake fluid for sure.
Also didnt know about the air pressure thanks.
First track day looking forwars to it!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
not a technical track, but one of my favorite, none the less, VIR and NCM are my favorites with Barber being right there with them
Luke

ps Barber and VIR are beautiful, Barber is a work of art

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
passing on front straight VIR

and from NCM

and cannot forget Las Vegas>:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

Did the Track day lite/heavy. 2 sessions in each class. Lite is lead and follow and heavy you were set free with passing zones.
I had the best time ever!
It was a blast taking the car out to the track and pushing boundries and taking corners at 70mph.
The track was incredible too. 2.75miles.
Highly recommend.
Now time for new brake/rotors plus tires.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts