Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Autoform (AFR) SE shaker hood

Autoform (AFR) does make a non-functional shaker hood. It's called the SE shaker hood. It looks identical to their "true shaker" but does not function. This is the hood I ordered for my SRT. It costs less, and keeps the car stock for servicing.
DougT

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Autoform (AFR) does make a non-functional shaker hood. It's called the SE shaker hood. It looks identical to their "true shaker" but does not function. This is the hood I ordered for my SRT. It costs less, and keeps the car stock for servicing.
DougT
Do you have any photos, especially of the underside? Thankx, Tom

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tom, go on the AutoformGroup website and you'll see some good photos of the non-functioning shaker hood. You'll have to select Products, then Chrysler, then Challenger, then Body Panels. The SE hood is the non-functional one. If you have any questions you can email or phone Steve at AFR.
DougT

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Tom, go on the AutoformGroup website and you'll see some good photos of the non-functioning shaker hood. You'll have to select Products, then Chrysler, then Challenger, then Body Panels. The SE hood is the non-functional one. If you have any questions you can email or phone Steve at AFR.
DougT

Thanks, Doug. Will do.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Autoform setup looks pretty nice. I assume the $995 price includes hood and "shaker" assembly?

Are there any pics of the underside with the stock air box convertion assembly?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ray, the SE non-functional hood does not connect with the engine's air intake. It does include the "shaker" which doesn't actually shake at all. There is also provision for a drain box under the shaker bubble so that rain and water from washing the car doesn't get all over the engine.
DougT

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Ray, the SE non-functional hood does not connect with the engine's air intake. It does include the "shaker" which doesn't actually shake at all. There is also provision for a drain box under the shaker bubble so that rain and water from washing the car doesn't get all over the engine.
DougT
yes understood it's an appearance only mod...I was asking about the +$225 optional air duct conversion kit offered on the SE hood link

http://www.autoformgroup.com/autofo...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

so this would basically be a out of the box hood swap right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts