Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to drop in and say hello. I have been coming to challengertalk for a few months to see all the great cars and learn about the different challengers. I grew up a Chevy guy and for years secretly thought the Challenger was a beautiful car. I searched for weeks and finally found my car. I had to drive 4 hours to get her but that drive home was amazing! I have lots of plans for her, but for now stock will have to do. She is a 2014 SRT 8 Core, M6. So hello from Western Illinois!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Nice car. First thing to do is strip those 392 numbers off the side. Keep the Stangs and Camaro posers guessing when you're sitting next to them at the stop-light.

I added 345 numbers to mine, but I was going for a retro-1970 look. If you want to be a StangKiller, get the upper hand by not letting them know what's under the hood.

If it were mine, I'd actually remove the SRT badges as well, and down badge it to and R/T or SXT. Make 'em think they just got dusted by a 6-banger.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Great looking car! What plans you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
63 Posts
Welcome!
Love that color
Sooo how many stangs have you gaptized?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,656 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
947 Posts
Cool - another Core owner!

I get the debadging idea, but I like the 392 numbers. It's the only model that was badged this way and I think it goes with the "bare bones" theme of the car.

Pretty rare color you got there. 1 of 152 Torred Cores for 2014.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Crush, didn’t know it was that rare, I have the sunroof as well. I feel privileged to get to drive the car. Couldn’t wait to get off work to drive her home.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Cool - another Core owner!

I get the debadging idea, but I like the 392 numbers. It's the only model that was badged this way and I think it goes with the "bare bones" theme of the car.

Pretty rare color you got there. 1 of 152 Torred Cores for 2014.
Yes! Be kind to the Wanna Bees!
Leave the 392 badge on!
:)

Welcome from Okieland!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yes! Be kind to the Wanna Bees!
Leave the 392 badge on!
:)

Welcome from Okieland!

What you said. Absolutely leave those numbers on the sides. They look great! Like Crush, I get the debadging, but somebody mentioned down badging. I have to say I’m not a big fan. It’s akin to up badging, because either way it’s calling the car something it’s not. I’d never do it to my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thanks Crush, didn’t know it was that rare, I have the sunroof as well. I feel privileged to get to drive the car. Couldn’t wait to get off work to drive her home.
Those numbers are just the Core numbers, Probably more regular SRT8s produced as 4966 total Torreds (all models) were built in 2014. Have fun! :cheers:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts