Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Brand new to the forum, but I know I'll fit right in as I just purchased a 2011 Challenger SRT-8 yesterday! Car arrives in 10 days - perhaps the longest 10 days of my life. Photos to follow!

- Rob

New ride:

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 392
Black, Brilliant Crystal Pearl
Dark Slate Leather
Stripes Delete
6-Speed manual
P245/45ZR20 Front & P255/45ZR20 Rear Performance
Moon Roof
AM/FM Stereo w/CD/DVD/HDD, MP3 & Navigation
Option Group II

·
Registered
297 Posts
Rob, Congrats on the new car, it will be there before you know it. After you get it it will just get better. So untill you get it enjoy the forums and find out all the mods you can do when you get it. Ronnie

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations. When did you place your order. I ordered 2011 SRT8 waiting impatiently as well.
Thanks, man. I had a weird stroke of luck. I went into the dealer expecting to BTO. We did the specs, and as it turned out, the EXACT build I wanted had just arrived at a Dodge warehouse on the east coast. The dealer was able to secure the car for me, and it's now on a trailer on it's way to Los Angeles. Ten days untill delivery.

- Rob

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jag, welcome to the forum. I know you will enjoy your new ride and enjoy being a member here.
Thanks Tinstar. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob, Congrats on the new car, it will be there before you know it. After you get it it will just get better. So untill you get it enjoy the forums and find out all the mods you can do when you get it. Ronnie
Hey, thanks Ronnie. Already learning some stuff in the "tips and tricks" forum!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Wow, great luck and welcome to the forum.

Thanks, man. I had a weird stroke of luck. I went into the dealer expecting to BTO. We did the specs, and as it turned out, the EXACT build I wanted had just arrived at a Dodge warehouse on the east coast. The dealer was able to secure the car for me, and it's now on a trailer on it's way to Los Angeles. Ten days untill delivery.

- Rob

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah crap. You bought my car. Nobody else get black with stripe delete! Stop it! ;)

Ordered mine in Feb - wonder if you'll get yours before I do. Do post some pics though!
Wow, and here I thought I was the only guy who dug the stripe delete! See my other post in this thread on how I lucked out on delivery.

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, great luck and welcome to the forum.
Thanks. I am very envious of that '71 you have on your signature.

I'll tell you a quick story about how I got into Mopar. I moved to LA in 1994 after graduating from NYU Film School. My first job in Hollywood was as an assistant at Don Johnson's production company. At the time, I didn't really know much about Mopar vehicles, nor did I care. I was more into Mercs and Ferraris and such. Wouldn't you know it though, right after I was hired, Don started pre-production on Nash Bridges, and guess who got the plum assignment of coordinating with the restorer on the work to the 'Cudas for the show? Yup, moi! I instantly fell in love with the E body, and wanted one ever since. With numbers matching cars reaching into the $1m bracket though, my soon to arrive SRT-8 is the next best thing.

If you have any questions about the Nash Bridges cars, feel free to hit me. I know everything there was to know about them. At some point, I'll try to scan and post some pix I still have of me in one of the picture cars.

Cheers,

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I would love to see those pictures and we can always use a reliable source of info on this forum. Thanks for the compliment on my 'Cuda. The weather is worming up and that means she will out again soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts