Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm a noob, but have been lurking since I picked up my new love a month ago.

I thought I got an incredible deal but now I'm not so sure.
I bought a fully loaded 2010 RT Classic with nav etc.. MSRP was 40,270 and I got it for 33,000

I almost bought a slightly less loaded 2011 RT Classic for just a bit less, but I fell in love with the Hemi Orange, which was no longer available in the 2011 models.

It's a Manual and the pricing confused me, it seems like in 2010, the Stick cost 1000.00 more than the auto, but in 2011, 1000.00 less.

In essence it's like paying an extra 2grand for a 2010 with a stick...

Anyway, your opinions?

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car. Price is all relative. If you got what you want that's what counts. If your going to use your nav much you'll need to get a lockpick and you might as well get a camera while your at it.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You brought the price down almost $8k, I'd say that's pretty good! My 2010 R/T listed at $37,825 but got it at $30,500.

Enjoy your car!!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I pickup a new 2010 B5 Blue RT with 16 Miles on it last week loaded sticker was $39,910.00 for $31,000.00 new from dealer. I couldn't pass it up. They had it listed $32,231.00 and I called them and they said they would take my offer. SO I bought it. I am thinking about turning it into a Challenger/Cuda with parts from Mr. Norm. Anyone have ideas???

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
$7,200 off is pretty good

im sure you could have gotten $2k off a 2011, so your ahead $5,200 and got the color you wanted...

not a horrible deal, but its possible you could have gotten 1000-1500 more with a different dealer....the problem with being in love with 1 color is it limits you to other offers

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Anyone have ideas???
....yeah, I would suggest making your own thread since it is rude to hijack others this way.

OP, this is the wrong question to be asking after the fact. There is nothing you can do about it now so I wouldn't put a lot of thought into it. However, if you makes you feel better, I bought my fully loaded RT (everything less the sunroof) for about 38k. This was a little over a year ago.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If Hemi Orange is the color you had to have then you made the right move and got a very good deal. If I wouldn't have bought the Mopar 10 I'd have bought a HO or B5 RT '10 and I'd have paid extra to get it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's like buying a new computer or tv, never second guess what you paid for it, you got the car you wanted, got lots off MSRP and are having a blast driving it. I would say "Life is GOOD" :guiness:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I think it sounds like you got a good deal. It's also always important to remember that markets and prices vary by region, based on demand, so you can't always do direct comparisons. Some markets will bear a higher price than others. So can't always apply the markdown one person got to another, if they are in different markets/regions.

All that said, you got what you wanted, NEW, for several thousand below sticker. I'd say it sounds like a good deal to me.

Of course, let me also be the jerk to add that "good deals" involve so much more than just the price. Any trade-in value? Interest rate? (I sometimes think EVERYONE on this forum must have bought their Challengers with cash...if so I'm in the wrong business).

But at the end of the day, like everyone else has said, if you're happy, that's all that matters.

You could also consult www.truecar.com, which compares average price being paid for the exact model and options you got, in the region you purchased it in.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You got a great deal, and while others have mentioned you are considering it after the fact, it's always nice to have confirmation you made the right deal. The best 2010 R/T deals I have heard about or seen in the last few months, including my own deal, ranged from $7k to $9k off sticker, and those were for stickers around the $40K level (loaded R/Ts, in other words). Stickers that were lower would have been a lower % off. Around my area, the 2010 clasics all went earlier (except for a few fuschias), so to get the orange Classic, I think $7K off is a great deal. To press for $8k to $9k off, colors would be more pot luck. For me, fortunately I was able to get a deep water blue in the discount craze, but I had my eye earlier on a DWB classic with black stripe, and had to re-figure and get a DWB with black hood to fender stripe instead. As someone else said, if you wanted the orange, then you nailed it well.

·
Banned
21 Posts
my deal

i had a stone white, 2010 SE and was happy with it. but when the 2010 detonator yellow came out i fell in love with it. but i wasnt gonna spend 40k on the rt classic with the stick. back in feburary my brother told me he saw a DT 6 speed for a good price. i went and looked at it. from 40k i got it for 31k. and i got more for my se than what i payed for it. i know i got a deal on it. and now have the color and car i always wanted:)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
You paid $2,300 more for yours than mine. Your sticker was about $1,700 more than mine. You may have been able to get a little more off based on those figures (maybe $500), but yours is also loaded. Mine is not. My options are HIDS, 6 speed, Super Track Pack, Electronics Group. I do NOT have NAV, sunroof, or the Mopar Appearance Package. I was looking for a Hemi Orange without a sunroof, 6 speed, and Super Track Pack. I found only one within 200 miles of my house that met that criteria. I say you got a good deal. I would not lose sleep over it.
Yes, the 2011 stickers are less than the 2010s because the 6 speed is now standard as is the steering wheel audio controls (Electronics Group). That's over $2,000 in 2010 options right there.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I guess if I would have waited three years, I could have gotten a great deal like those listed in this thread.

But I couldn't wait any longer, had to have it right now, so I paid sticker. I have no regrets, and neither should you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya know that Truecar.com price shows 36k-37k as dealer cost. I know the invoice on my Plum Crazy was 37.7k. It also shows 79 of these sold in the last 6mo and mine was the cheapest at 34.5 with TTL.

Lots of regional variation but, I think limited edition colors are their own deal entirely.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts