Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please try not to fry me too hard, lol.

So I have a 2017 392 Scat and I was wondering what exactly can you get with bolt ons?

My understanding is this car is 485 and 475.

How much of a gain do you get from bolt on mods? I assume you need a tune also?

I guess the big question is does Dodge work like Ford, where if you buy Ford racing parts and have them install it they don't void your warranty?

As much as I am for turning wrenches, these cars, they are getting up there in the price point where it's just not worth the risk.

If I had a hp. goal I'd say around 550.

Thanks, dudes. >:)

·
Registered
716 Posts
There are many on here that know far more than I do - but my understanding for the best performance mods for true HP gain are long tube headers, a cam, and a tune. See what others say but - those are the real hp mods that make a considerable difference other than a supercharger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, been doing some reading some really skilled people here.

Still have not found a straight answer however related to warranty, that was a major think about Ford I loved, I had them install the Ford Stage 2 kit on my car and it had its own warranty. No way I'm even going to install a cold air intake on my car if it's going to void warranty, if it falls apart, and ruin the engine.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
No way to get to 550hp and keep your warranty. Tunes, cams and headers are all a no go for warranty and Dodge does not offer any dealer performance packages for the 392.

You can do a CAI and the Hellcat headlight intake mod and exhaust mods beyond the catalytic converter. Can also get the Tazer and that will open up the SRT drive modes with the Track setting for the transmission for faster shifting and that's probably about it.

Next year they'll be a Widebody version and a special performance package, unknown what it is at this time but maybe something that can be added to the older cars.

The rated 485hp is probably about 500hp anyway so be happy with it or wait for the 426 coming for 2020. :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way to get to 550hp and keep your warranty. Tunes, cams and headers are all a no go for warranty and Dodge does not offer any dealer performance packages for the 392.

You can do a CAI and the Hellcat headlight intake mod and exhaust mods beyond the catalytic converter. Can also get the Tazer and that will open up the SRT drive modes with the Track setting for the transmission for faster shifting and that's probably about it.

Next year they'll be a Widebody version and a special performance package, unknown what it is at this time but maybe something that can be added to the older cars.

The rated 485hp is probably about 500hp anyway so be happy with it or wait for the 426 coming for 2020. :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Woah, I had no idea about that, going to google it right now.

Thanks for the other info, I was wondering if they were under rating the engine. I'm still trying to learn how to "drive" it if you will, I get now why paddle shifts or using the stick would give you better control over the rpm's I just don't like ether options.

Was kind of not paying attention today and left a stop light really slow, half way through the intersection I was like oh crap what am I doing and kind of stepped on it, I was -not- expecting it to do what it did, which is burn the tires right through the intersection, so lucky no cops were around.

Have to be careful when you have a car you can spot from low Jupiter orbit LOL

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
If you race you have technically have voided your power train warranty without having done mods.
A member once had a lawyer point out that it would be hard for Chrysler to argue against racing with they sell the cars with something called: Super Track Pak.... The cars literally come with 1/4 mile timers in the computer system. Not going to help them in court when trying to void a warranty.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
527 Posts
If you race you have technically have voided your power train warranty without having done mods.
on a car with launch control from the factory they have no chance of winning. They sell and advertise these cars with a racing theme. No court would side with a company falsley advertising there product. Now a 2014 and older rt with no racing features I'd say yes they are voided

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Yeah, been doing some reading some really skilled people here.

Still have not found a straight answer however related to warranty, that was a major think about Ford I loved, I had them install the Ford Stage 2 kit on my car and it had its own warranty. No way I'm even going to install a cold air intake on my car if it's going to void warranty, if it falls apart, and ruin the engine.
the moment you tune the pcm, or do anything beyond cat back and cold air, your powertrain will be restricted

and please no one lecture me about the Magnuson-Moss Act......because unless you have significantly deep pockets and can afford lawyers you will not win......

sorry, real life

Luke

ps if your worried about powertrain warranty, do not modify:frown:

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
the right cam shaft and quality long tubes with green catted high flow cats will deliver 50/80 whps after tuning

on a 5.7 with a Magnuson supercharger, 8 psi, fuel system, Kooks long tubes and green catted high flow cats will deliver approx 500/515 whps

on a 6.4 with a Magnuson supercharger, 7 psi, fuel system, Kooks long tubes and green catted high flow cats will deliver approx 585/595 whps

stock a 5.7 produces approx 325 whps and a 6.4 approx 425/430 whps

different supercharger system will produce some varying results,

however 8 psi is maximum recommend boost level on a 5.7 and 7 psi on a 6.4, anything beyond that reliability will be significantly affected

Luke

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
on a car with launch control from the factory they have no chance of winning. They sell and advertise these cars with a racing theme. No court would side with a company falsley advertising there product. Now a 2014 and older rt with no racing features I'd say yes they are voided
Yea good luck with that. By the time you pay lawyer fees to get thru court where you'd actually be seen you coulda bought a Demon or two. Not to mention it specifically states in your warranty that racing voids it. Doesn't matter what they market it as.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts