Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Forgive my noobishness, but we all gotta learn somewhere right. I have a R/T Scat and cut off the resonators and put on Blastin' Bob's resonator deletes. It's louder but meh, maybe I should've done a mid-muffler delete instead but too late now.

I definitely want to get Kooks long tubes for the performance gain but then I have to think about the rest of the exhaust. The resonator delete creates a lot of drone (duh, I know) so I may ditch it for a Borla exhaust. Where I'm confused is I don't see a NON-MDS option from Borla since I have a 6spd manual. I do have active exhaust as part of the track pack, so can someone please explain which system I would need to still retain my active exhaust?

I'm thinking about the Borla S-type, since long tube headers + an ATAK system would be loud as F, and I don't want Corsa Extreme loud.. I have not heard these exhausts in person, so I can only judge by Youtube videos and other's descriptions.

And the Borla cat-back system would utilize the factory Cat right? I've read some negative reviews of high-flow Cats so I'm not sure if my Cat is sufficient or maybe I'm not understanding something?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
66 Posts
It shouldn't matter which one you get since you have the M6.

Borla does come with 2 options for their cat-backs:

1: "Valve simulators" which doesn't let you keep active exhaust but only functions to not throw codes.

2: Active exhaust that you know.
------------------------
S-Type with simulators - ~$1,500
S-Type with active exhaust - ~$1,850

ATAK with simulators - ~$1,350
ATAK with active exhaust - ~$1,700

Kooks long tubes with their catted mid-pipe is about $1,950
--------------------------
Yes, if you only got the Borla, you'd be sticking with your stock cats.

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
66 Posts
Depends on what other mods you have planned. If they're minor, stock cats are perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
66 Posts
Yeah you're fine with the stock cats.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,785 Posts
Borla has an issue with listing "MDS", when they are talking about Active Exhaust Valves. Basically the questions for their exhaust are: Do you have active exhaust valves? If no, that is one choice. Do you have AEV? If yes, 2 choices, retain them, or get simulators. If you want to keep the AEV, your choice is the yes I have them, and yes I want the new exhaust to have them. In thier language: With MDS (cyl. deactivation) Valves to keep actual valve operation. With MDS (cyl. deactivation) Valves. BORLA® Systems Contains Valve Simulator to have the valves always open and simulators prevent throwing codes

A Guy

Reactions: Jazz Blue Scat

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
@Funeralfire762 Something else to consider is the KOOKS full exhaust instead of mix and matching components. Borla isn't cheap and if doing longtubes it wouldn't be much more cost wise.

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
66 Posts
@Funeralfire762 Something else to consider is the KOOKS full exhaust instead of mix and matching components. Borla isn't cheap and if doing longtubes it wouldn't be much more cost wise.
This is an option too but Kooks doesn't offer an option for you to keep active exhaust I think, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts