Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am infatuated with classic mopar. I am really interested in the inaugural srt8 and curious how much will the cost be for the manual white one be in about 2 years or so? Also, does anyone know if they will be realeasing the droptop in 2012? I have my hopes high on purchasing one with in 24 months.I need a reliable and tough looking vehicle. Does anyone also know if the 392 2011 billet silver come with an optional white strip? Much help would be appreciated.:alf:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome from Okla. Just enjoy the forums untill you get your car. You'll find out all you need to find out about them on here. Ronnie

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Speculating on Dodge's future plans is sketchy at best. I would expect prices to increase about 3% to 5% per year, but the discounting of the new gen to increase. I don't expect to see a droptop as the volumes would make it cost prohibitive to engineer the car for it. If you want a drop top, you can get a great kit from Droptop Customs for $18K and I'm guessing a factory adder would be substantial as well. I think the aftermarket convertible is much cooler than a factory one as it makes it very exclusive and unique. I thought about doing that instead of dropping the same coin on big power mods as the droptop is much more unique and the cars lines make a beautiful convertible. Unfortunately our weather in South Louisiana is just too wet for a convertible.

·
Super Moderator
14,216 Posts
The price depends on your options. The MSRP price of the 2011 SRT increased by about $1,500, from the 2009 model. This year, many dealers will probably try to tack on a "market adjustment" to get more than MSRP for the IE 392.

In two years, I would guess than the MSRP would increase. How much is anyone's guess. One good thing, is that they may be discounting them by then.

One suggestion, use the internet to get the best price and be prepared to travel out of state, if necessary, to get the car that you want at the price that you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good looking out fellas. Anyone see the 2011 Srt8 grey with white stripes bye any chance or that is custom?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
If you want billet with white stripes you will need to get an aftermarket stripe kit as of right now. Who knows what the future will hold though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seen a picture of a few on dealer websites but they were computerized. I was assuming it may of been the silver stripe that you can only get on the black?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

I sure hope you get the car in the dark grey as it's the only color top represent the name :browsmiley:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts