Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just graduated high school and I was fortunate enough to receive a 2009 Dodge Challenger RT as a graduation gift. It's been my dream car for as long as I can remember, so as one can imagine I was shocked that my dream became a reality. I'm honestly a complete noobie car enthusiast, but I have been doing a bit of research these past few months and just familiarizing with cars in general. I have my older brother who is a more experienced car guy to help along the way, but I also want to and look forward to learning more on my own.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Congratulations! On graduating, and the awesome gift. Not to appear condescending, but do exercise caution with the car. The temptation can get the best of even senior members :) I suspect with such a nice gift, it was because you are a level headed, conscientious young man, and my caution will be unneeded. A Guy

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Post a photo, and you'll get all kinds of suggestions from people with similar models, colors, wheels, etc... First thing to do with the 2009 is get rid of the RAM head badge from the nose. (Belongs on a truck). There are all sorts of after-market replacements that say "Dodge" "Mopar", or even the transformer emblem and all sorts of custom stuff.

My R/T is a '13, but other than some techie stuff, not too much different than yours. The biggest challenge when you first start driving, is resisting the urge to punch the accelerator, like you might have in some other "average" car. You will burn up tires fast and it's not difficult to get the rear-end to come around on you in a moment of exuberant acceleration, and next thing you know, you find yourself facing the wrong way on the highway, or in a ditch. That 5.7 HEMI is not monster like the bigger more powerful motors you can get in the Challenger, but it's no kitty-cat either.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I just graduated high school and I was fortunate enough to receive a 2009 Dodge Challenger RT as a graduation gift. It's been my dream car for as long as I can remember, so as one can imagine I was shocked that my dream became a reality. I'm honestly a complete noobie car enthusiast, but I have been doing a bit of research these past few months and just familiarizing with cars in general. I have my older brother who is a more experienced car guy to help along the way, but I also want to and look forward to learning more on my own.
The year was 1973. I graduated, which was a miracle in itself, from Waterford Kettering high school. When I walked out of school that last day, the parking lot was loaded with muscle cars. Chevelles, Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, Plymouths, AMX's and (sorry) Volkswagen Beetles with ridiculously wide rear tires. There were more stripes made of rubber than there were of paint in the parking lot, and I'm proud to say that one of them was mine.

For I indeed had a muscle car for 3 days, and I put that single black stripe across the back end of the school's parking lot with my 67 Camaro. It was a single stripe because this student couldn't afford a posi-track rear end. See the rest of the story here: CLICKY
I think you'll find it worth reading.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good luck, and I hope it's a manual, because that's becoming a lost talent among the younger gen - and it's a lot more fun.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts