Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As announced after our fall excursion, the NorCal Challengers will be taking a cruise to Yosemite National Park on April 9, 2011 (EDIT: The date has been changed to 5/21/2011) for a little dose of Spring.

I write today to notify those in the Challenger nation from other parts of California (and elsewhere) that showed some interest in a springtime cruise to the valley. A lot of the snow up in the mountains will melt and be roaring over the falls come May. Should be spectacular...

More information will follow... Keep in mind that I can do little more than hope for good weather. Semper-Gumby. In other words, flexibility is required in scheduling/planning.

PM me with any questions that you may have and stay tuned for further info.

Fyrdude
NorCal Challengers

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
I'll put this on our club calendar Mike and share it with the rest of our members.

It's far enough in advanced notice for me to practically confirm. :bigthumb:

You won't get any resistance from Mrs UPSMAN. :thumbsup: That's good as Gold! :)

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Ditto from me. I'm in. I missed your Yosemite cruise last year and have been waiting for you guys to do it again.

Found a couple of calendar conflicts. Sent fyrdude a pm.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In an effort to make this opportunity available to all interested parties, the Yosemite Cruise date has been moved to April 30. I hope this helps those hoping to avoid schedule conflicts.

Fyrdude

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
In an effort to make this opportunity available to all interested parties, the Yosemite Cruise date has been moved to April 30. I hope this helps those hoping to avoid schedule conflicts.
Many thanks. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Should be fantastic; unbelievable photo ops!

·
Registered
676 Posts
We just might be in for this one :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We'd be happy to have you join us. Challengers aren't just pretty faces... they are windy road cruisers... Yosemite is a nice place to test this out.

This is another reason...

Yosemite webcams | Yosemite Conservancy

Make sure it is daylight hours to check these webcams. Not too interesting in the dark. Click on each image for an enlarged view.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
fyrdude,

I just wanna make sure that 4/30 is etched in stone before I make my lodging arrangements. :bigthumb:

I know that there was talk about bumping the date up another two weeks, so I just need to confirm. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greg,

As of this time, 4/30 is the date. I floated a possible date of 5/14 and asked for input from those that had signed up from within NorCal. I got one response that I wouldn't characterize as positive. I'm still standing by for more replies and input. I'm not comfortable with bouncing these dates around too much as that understandably ruffles feathers.

I have an opportunity to travel east to Challenger Fest 2 during the 4/30 time frame. Of course, this came up after selecting Yosemite dates. I've wanted to take a road trip across America for a long time (longer than I have owned the Challenger, a lot longer). CF 2 is the catalyst to get me to go out and just do it... That is why I proposed a schedule change (if agreeable to all those signed up). Clearly, the Yosemite cruise can happen without me present. I'd like to go, but I do not feel it is proper to change the date unilaterally just to suite my personal desires at the expense of others' plans.

So... that is where it resides. Plan on April 30. It will be a great cruise no matter who is there. If my cross-county excursion falls through, I will definitely be there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Greg,

As of this time, 4/30 is the date. I floated a possible date of 5/14 and asked for input from those that had signed up from within NorCal. I got one response that I wouldn't characterize as positive.
C'mon, Mike! I totally gave you a smiley emoticon on that post! You're the best!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After speaking to many, it has been decided to have this ride on Saturday, May 21. This will allow for some melt time for the tremendous amount of snow that has fallen in the high county.

Please make a note of the date change. More info will follow as the date draws nearer.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good deal Mike... It is happening that day come hell or high water (no pun intended).

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
... This will allow for some melt time for the tremendous amount of snow that has fallen in the high county.
You aren't kidding. They officially called an end to the water shortage here in SoCal because the snow pack up there is so massive. May is probably better as it turns out now anyway to make sure the roads are clear.

See: Sierra snowpack is one of biggest on record

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well looks like I'm out of this one, I've got a wedding to shoot on this day.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts