Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2010 R/T used and have just found the Dodge Vin lookup tool to see what it came with(Thanks to this forum I found it).
I think I have an aftermarket key due to the fact that it doesn't have the remote start the car came with(Also doesn't have the button for keyless go).
The Car was Repo'd so it is completely feasible that they bought an aftermarket key for it after that. Anyways the whole point of this post is to ask how much would it be for 2 keys with keyless go from the dealer or does anyone know of keys aftermarket that works with keyless go?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got off the phone with the service department in Virginia Beach, VA and they said it would be about $250 a key programmed with no blank key in the back. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,026 Posts
Sounds about right. In fact I'm kind of with beebad in that it wasn't more.

No experience with my Dodge but some experience with keys with other cars and there is the cost of the key then the cost to connect the factory diagnostic computer to the car and with all the other keys identify any key IDs stored in the car's security system that one no longer has, remove these -- to make room for the IDs of the new keys -- then put the new key IDs in the security system's nonvolatile memory so the security module can recognize the key when it is used.

I can't recall the cost now but I'm sure it was at least $250 and probably more.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You can save a few bucks by buying a new oem fob on eBay but the dealer will still shaft you on the programming

1 - 6 of 6 Posts