Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question is , all i see read is about sc's,Is nos not a good option for these ?
correct me if i am off base here, a car street driven when running a sc alot of moving parts were and tear etc. as compared to a nos system only there when you stomp on it .
just looking for the pros and cons
thanks
ctchallenger

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
There are certainly fans in both camps of the SC vs. NOS debate. I prefer nitrous myself. Either application can be easily be abused, i.e., too much boost for the supercharger or too big of a shot of nitrous. A simple 75 hp shot of nitrous in a no harm no foul quick mod and the best bang for the buck IMHO. With a CAI, cat-back system and a 75 hp shot of nitrous on an mid-level R/T and it's matched to take on the beefier 392 Hemi. Build your engine and then throw down a 300+ horsepower shot and watch out.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
It really comes down to when you want the power...all the time vs only part of the time, and of course cost. As you know a supercharger is a considerably larger investment. I prefer the Supercharger route, because I like having the power all the time. There are plenty of great, safe systems available for the these cars, I personally have 35k on my Vortech supercharger and 70+k on my stock engine, with no issues, so supercharging can be done safely. If you have further questions let me know, we have sold, driven, installed and raced cars with superchargers as well as N20, and can help you out either way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts