Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, wish I could start a poll but here it is. What performance modifications will you make to your Challenger?

(1) - Leave it alone. Dodge knows what there doing.

(2) - Blower baby! It worked for Mad Max.

(3) - Turbo or two... Spool up!

(4) - Spray! Love the laughing gas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
1, or maybe 2...
Hard to imagine, right now,
a need for more than 425hp /450ftlbs,
but experience with SC'd Fords might come in handy
if the Boost Monkey bites again.... ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
:d I Would Spray It.....and Im Going To Spray It, Hopefully In 2007....ive Ran The Juice On Many Of Cars.........440s,lt1 350s,454s,351s,now Its Time The Gas The Hemi.....but For Right Now I Enjoy Hitting The Squirt On My 2000 Hayabusa With 236 Hp..:d

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, This isnt hard for me:confused: I hope they put the 392 HEMI in it with over 550hp, With that much HP I would be a damn fool to add more power.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet they put the 392 HEMI in there. I also bet its detuned to about 485HP. I think a mild NOS system could easily bring that to 600HP. Can anyone say 11 seconds. :D :eek: :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd leave it bone stock. My days of hacking on muscle cars ended in the early 1990s. Its an endless money pit. Now I just buy a car that closest meets my needs, which in this case will be a 6.4L hemi or a 6.1L if all else fails.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see one problem with the super charger. It would be hard to route the intake. How do you keep the Ram Air? :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it came with the 6.4L, I'd leave it alone. But, I have already been researching potential mods. Does anyone know of a company to contact besides Hennessey? I e-mailed Lingenfelter, who has done some great work with Chevys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When Dodge makes the Srt-8 Challenger it will be competition with Gt-500 and possible Camaro SS if Chevy can design a good car, so the Srt-8 will have to push the 500 hp barrier. If the sxt will use 3.7 L , R/T will use 6.1, and SRT will use possibly 6.4, will the 5.7 Hemi be squeezed in anywhere?:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
maybe i'm thinking a little too far ahead or maybe this is too far-fetched... but a 3.7l SXT, a 5.7l R/T a 6.1l T/A and a 6.4l SRT8 or vice versa for 6.1 and 6.4. i haven't made up my mind on that yet... but i want one! with as much power as you can stuff under the hood!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would do Heads/Cam Combo and some spray and maybe a siick ass turbo set up!:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts