Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forum and read through quite a few posts and haven't found a clear description yet, (could just be my tired eyes). I have a new nose badge I would like to install, but before I do damage I was trying to research the best procedure to remove the stock one. Thanks. If it makes a difference it is a 2010 RT. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I just posted this earlier yesterday... THe stock Ram's head clips onto a backing plate. You can pop it off with a thin screwdriver underneath it. Once you get the Rams Head off, there's a backing plate that's held on by two plastic tabs, one at each side. I got mine off with a thin screwdriver. I heated it first with a heat gun since it was bloody cold out so it wouldn't crack. Came off without a fight.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Seeing how we just got dumped with more snow, now it will be in the teens for weather, PLUS the probability of another blizzard on Tuesday/Wednesday, I'm thinking I won't even get TO the garage until June!!! I HATE WINTER!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
great video. just what i was looking for. i ordered those plastic pry-bar set from jeggs.4 in a pack $19. then i was in harbor frieght and saw a box of 7 for $4.99. geeweezz. anyway i bought them to just to make me feel better. but i to have not replaced my hood badge yet, i have a U.S. ARMY one to put on when it gets warm.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Ok, so just tried removing my original and I DO NOT REMEMBER IT BEING THIS MUCH OF A PAIN. I got the rams head off, by snapping the framing off the top first though. The black backing, is stuck in there on one side and will not budge. I gave up and said I'd rather try again tomorrow before I do something stupid and tear the whole damn nose off my car.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Ok, so just tried removing my original and I DO NOT REMEMBER IT BEING THIS MUCH OF A PAIN. I got the rams head off, by snapping the framing off the top first though. The black backing, is stuck in there on one side and will not budge. I gave up and said I'd rather try again tomorrow before I do something stupid and tear the whole damn nose off my car.
I checked out the video on Speedys garage and did it exactly like they described. I did get the plastic prybar set from Harbor Freight. Anyway it took me all of 15 minutes from beginning to end to install mine.

Here is it....... http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/goodbye-ram-50733/

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Yeah I checked it out but it was being stubborn as hell. Its not the first time I'm taking it off either but for some reason this time it did not want to budge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts