Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was sitting at a light in my Red 2015 Challenger SRT, in one of two turn lanes when a really nice Porcshe that looked like a late model 911(?), pulled up next to me.
It was definately only a year or two old and looked like it was either heavily modded or some kind of Special edition.
White with black rims and trim etc.
The guy kept increasing the volume on his stereo at the light and then when it turned green he pulled out as fast asd he could making all kinds of exhaust noise.
There were other cars in the turning lane and I followed him quickly just to observe and easily stayed at a 3 car safe distance.
As he entered the main road, I pulled up to his left effortlessly to just check his car out, but he was slowly getting off on to the shoulder and the car just rolling dead to a stop.
I think he forgot to shift and red-lined and blew the engine because I have never heard a Porsche that loud, he probably forgot to shift in all his excitement to show off.
I guess this is why Porsche only comes with a 1 year warranty and Dodge comes with a 5 year!
Porsche has good reason to have no faith in their own products reliability....I owned one in 1986...unreliable and a fortune to manitain

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
The Porsche engine is protected by a rev limiter. While I wouldn't advise one do this this, one can hit this all day long with no harm to the engine.

Cars can sometimes pick the worst times to act up and it reads like this Porsche picked just such a time. (Not showing off or anything but hopped in my 996 Turbo to run an errand and just a couple of blocks from the house the shift linkage broke. Managed to take a left turn off the main road on to a residential street where I managed to park the car with plenty of room for the flat bed tow truck. Never had a shift linkage before or since fail.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess this is why Porsche only comes with a 1 year warranty and Dodge comes with a 5 year!
Porsche has good reason to have no faith in their own products reliability....I owned one in 1986...unreliable and a fortune to manitain
Perfect summary.

Nuff said!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts