Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Decided to finally join the forum after months of lurking since I could not see some of the loaded pics. Been hoping to get one of these since I heard they were coming back. My first car back in the early 80s was my father's '72 with an anemic but indestructible slant six. Always wanted an eight (not 318). Now almost 30 years later, I still drool when one passes me on the road. :) Prices are still pretty high for me, but did see an 09 SRT with 21K miles for $28K. Couple of small dings, but inside looked immaculate. Not sure if it sold yet or dealer placed inside the showroom due to bad weather. Will continue to lurk until I get that feeling that the time is right. Maybe this year or maybe 5 years from now. :indifferent:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Alot of us joined this forum as we were in the drool stage... I know I did... I saw a member on this board with a well optioned black RT he was asking 25k.... there are some good used deals out there if you are patient and willing to drive a good distance to get one if you can't find what you are looking for around where you live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the welcome. I think I know the well optioned RT of which you speak. Wasn't it sold to someone in Germany?

I also stopped by the dealership with the 09 SRT and discovered that someone from Florida picked it already. That may have been the best deal going as it was an SRT priced at an RT level.

As far as blowing up the 225 ci slant 6, unfortunately, I did not have it very long as a rainy day on a NJ highway ended the ownership shortly after getting it painted and getting some nice Keystone Klassics. I do have some more recent experiences blowing up DSM motors. :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Welcome to the board glad you decided to post in!!!!

... shameless plug... I've got a good deal listed on my R/T... no dents, well loved, lots of extras... it's posted in the F/S section.... :)

.... I'm just sayen..

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim,
I've seen your car post. Beautiful car and obviously well maintained. (I did not know that stock RT's had non-functional ducting on their hood scoops.) It is identical to an R/T here in Southern Maryland that my boys and I see driving around with a personalized license plate "6SPDRT" or something like that. I wish I was in a position to take advantage of your great deal. GLWS!
Joe

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Tim,
I've seen your car post. Beautiful car and obviously well maintained. (I did not know that stock RT's had non-functional ducting on their hood scoops.) It is identical to an R/T here in Southern Maryland that my boys and I see driving around with a personalized license plate "6SPDRT" or something like that. I wish I was in a position to take advantage of your great deal. GLWS!
Joe
Hey no issues at all Joe.... I figured it was worth a shot though!! Believe me I totally understand...

Yea, the R/T came with cute plastic 'grill look' plugs in the scoops. I still hesitate to call these, the ones on the SRT functional. They do help cool the engine compartment for sure, but the do not force feed cool air into the throttle body. :-(

and hey, thanks for the response I appreciate that!!

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts