Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2015 RT/Plus, and ever since I've gotten it the audio has just sounded wrong.

This is my car:
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2c3cdzbt3fh714520

Has:
  • Sound Group II
  • 9 speakers and subwoofer
  • 506-watt amplifier
  • Alpine speakers

Main problem is max volume is 38 and over 30 a lot of songs the bass just bottoms out and sounds awful.

Tried EQing it (reducing bass/mid) and just can't get it to sound right.

Are the amps any good in these cars? Can they be upgraded?

·
Registered
744 Posts
There is a dealer reflash on this system that helps the sound.I have the same system.I added the Harman Kardon trunk mounted subs to supplement the 8 inch one in the rear deck.Pretty easy install.I got a deal on them on E Bay for 65 bucks.Helped the sound immensely.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is a dealer reflash on this system that helps the sound.I have the same system.I added the Harman Kardon trunk mounted subs to supplement the 8 inch one in the rear deck.Pretty easy install.I got a deal on them on E Bay for 65 bucks.Helped the sound immensely.
They replace the spare?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,373 Posts
Who's lost? Seriously, do you have the ringing in your ear(s)? Thank you for your service.
Hey Ringie Dingie: good thing you can read, cuz the hearing's long gone.

You need to pay attention. He doesn't have ringing in his ears: that's your own ringing you're hearing. Now, what this about service? Somebody need to get their car serviced?

Stereo problems:
I recommend you trade the car in for an SRT. That HK stereo is to die for.
Problem solved :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am with you on this I have the alpines with 276 watt amp and it sucks. I have installed countless systems over the decades and would be embarrassed to present this system as alpines with 276 watt amp to someone as a install. My no frills ram express work truck stereo/speakers sound noticeably better. On the the positive it is the only complaint I have with this car and it is easily fixed but I still think it should sound better than my ram.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
On my car, I replaced all of the speakers. I went with Infinity in the doors and dash, and then some Kicker OEM 6.5s in the rear deck. I removed the 8" "sub" in the deck, and used those lines to supply source to a 500 watt amp in the trunk, and added a JL Stealthbox. It sounds WAY better than it did before.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I am with you on this I have the alpines with 276 watt amp and it sucks. I have installed countless systems over the decades and would be embarrassed to present this system as alpines with 276 watt amp to someone as a install. My no frills ram express work truck stereo/speakers sound noticeably better. On the the positive it is the only complaint I have with this car and it is easily fixed but I still think it should sound better than my ram.
I hear ya, I got the HK, I do NOT hear 18 speakers. Got tons of bass, but you have to adjust it for EVERY song. And to do that there is a computer screen to deal with while driving!!! Then I hear no tweeters in the rear. I KNOW for the extra $1500. or so you could put in a MUCH better deal. AND it is NOT that loud. And I am 60 (Oh my God!!).
A Metallica,Led Zeppelin, Skid Row, UFO, Bowie, Stones, Deep Purple, Richie Blackmore loving 60 year old who likes his rock LOUD (drowns out the tinitus from too much loud music).
So yes I do think all our stereos should sound a heck of a lot better for what they cost and contain. A 900 WATT STEREO SHOULD BE LOUD!!!!! Especially for an old man. (numerically). Thanks for letting me vent.

Reactions: CtheW0rld
1 - 12 of 12 Posts