Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss the old layout already. Yes I know, I suppose I will get used to the new layout eventually but for right now...I just don't like it. Took me forever to find out where the hell my subsciptions are. Now they are called 'Following' but when I look at it..I really can't tell whitch ones have new posts....they all look like they are highlghted?? Sorry for being a little grumpy...but I really do not see what was wrong with the layout of the old website. Anyhow, here's to progress. :mad:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I am glad that I am not alone. Again not trying to be a sour puss...I applaud the admins for trying to make the site better...but I mean..sometimes the old saying...if it ain't broke, Don't fix it sometimes applies...

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I like it! Now that I know you need to type in your reply, comment etc. BEFORE adding your photo. Give it a chance, it's as nice as the 2015 refresh of the Challenger!
enger!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I like it! Now that I know you need to type in your reply, comment etc. BEFORE adding your photo. Give it a chance, it's as nice as the 2015 refresh of the Challenger! View attachment 976218 enger!
Strains the hell out of my eyes. Definitely going to be issues for me to frequent this site now.

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
Looks the same on Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Yes - another advantage of using Tapatalk- EVERY forum looks and works exactly the same. :) Not to mention it's so much faster and easier to use than the web-based forum in general.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Also - we have to remember - they updated for a reason.... From their original post that said they will be upgrading:

"
Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.
"

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I miss the old layout already. Yes I know, I suppose I will get used to the new layout eventually but for right now...I just don't like it. Took me forever to find out where the hell my subsciptions are. Now they are called 'Following' but when I look at it..I really can't tell whitch ones have new posts....they all look like they are highlghted?? Sorry for being a little grumpy...but I really do not see what was wrong with the layout of the old website. Anyhow, here's to progress. :mad:
Tried to give you a Like but got an "oops" message that it failed. But I'm with you. Being a certain age, I went to school when they taught us to read words. So I am geared toward that, not trying to decipher hieroglyphics. This reminds me of going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 or going from instantly identifiable words to goofy symbols. Oh well, it was a good run anyway.

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
This is the third vehicle forum that I belong to that switched to this format, my opinion is it sucks and I rarely view them much anymore. I won’t be here much either. I’m not into “likes” and “following” and much of the other trendy goofy terms.
I’m old school, back from when people weren’t a bunch of followers.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Exactly the same on Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I suspected, the whole change is to cater to people that use their phone, making it harder/miserable for many others.

Normally I would've removed the "Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk" from the quote, but this time it seemed appropriate to leave it in there.

And if I still lived in my parents basement, I probably wouldn't mind the change one bit. But I moved out a long time ago.

And now I noticed that I couldn't even emphasis "long". This is right up there with the rotary shifter for the 8-speed in some FCA vehicles, I think. Yes, it works, sort of.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Tried to give you a Like but got an "oops" message that it failed. But I'm with you. Being a certain age, I went to school when they taught us to read words. So I am geared toward that, not trying to decipher hieroglyphics. This reminds me of going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 or going from instantly identifiable words to goofy symbols. Oh well, it was a good run anyway.
what the hell happened ? Its all white . I was trying to read a thread and in the list, an advertisement. Looked like a post, no distinction except I thought who gives a crap about 'bollywood' ? I though it was another reply. Watch out on what you click on. LOL,

what was active topics now? I need to find those brass fitting for the hoses for a catch can.
I'm lost

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I know what to think about this new layout, can't say or there will be a good chance of be banned for life. All of my pictured post from Photobucket are now out of focus, what's up with that?

HOT ROD ON

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I know what to think about this new layout, can't say or there will be a good chance of be banned for life. All of my pictured post from Photobucket are now out of focus, what's up with that?

HOT ROD ON
Not only that but with the avatars reduced to a circle it cuts off so much from the old square that my avatar no longer makes any sense, not that you can even read it anymore.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I usually hit todays posts...not there anymore? Don't see it. Not worth wading through every section to find them. Bummer, lost another forum.

Edit: Found it. Sure was easier when it was right at the top of the page...I agree with a previous post, this format is aimed at millennial thumb poking phone users, not us PC users. Again, bummer...

1 - 20 of 242 Posts