Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was working graves last night in Oak Harbor and was on my way home this morning. I hit Everett about 9am and oh boy what a ride. Felt like I was on a drift track or something. She is so tourqey at slow speeds and I was doing my best to maintain traction at 10mph. Kept it slow though and made it no problem. Glad I dont work til this friday lol. Makes me miss my 4x4 a little.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live on the East side of the state had 4 to 5 inches this morning. My 4x4 was at the dealers and had a apointment for a recall on my R/T so I drove it the 5 miles to the dealership fun ride. I did mind out why the Goodyear F-1's are called 3 season tires, I am betting winter is not one of the three seasons.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
???

I live on the East side of the state had 4 to 5 inches this morning. My 4x4 was at the dealers and had a apointment for a recall on my R/T so I drove it the 5 miles to the dealership fun ride. I did mind out why the Goodyear F-1's are called 3 season tires, I am betting winter is not one of the three seasons.

What were you thinking? Just curious...I mean it's your car and all that, but jeez Louise...

·
Registered
779 Posts
So I was working graves last night in Oak Harbor and was on my way home this morning. I hit Everett about 9am and oh boy what a ride. Felt like I was on a drift track or something. She is so tourqey at slow speeds and I was doing my best to maintain traction at 10mph. Kept it slow though and made it no problem. Glad I dont work til this friday lol. Makes me miss my 4x4 a little.
Understood. Thats why I kept the 1999 4x4 Tacoma. Good thing I flew back on Saturday and not today. Decided to take the short week off since I was doing vacation time anyway, glad I did now. The Boeing Field to Puyallup evening commute looked killer on the news.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I live on the East side of the state had 4 to 5 inches this morning...
I drove (slid) a rear wheel drive crown victoria around in the snow because it was a company car that I had to drive. Can't imagine the Challenger in the snow. First flake falls I'll park the Challenger in the shop and get the Avalanche back out.

Good luck in the snow!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have heard it said to turn off traction control, supposed to be better driving then. I know it sounds stupid, but I will try that once the snow hits again.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
There is a reason they make snow/ ice tires. The F1 is a good summer tire ( 1.9 sec/ 60 ft with 36 PSI) but it is what it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We never planed on being in the snow but last year on our way back from Fla we hit a crazy storm they actually closed the interstate behind us. We made it through with our R/T and there were people off the road everywhere even 4 wheel drives. My husband is a great driver (CDL A) he got us to our destination so although I would never have made it myself I have to say the Challenger did not leave us in a snow bank and he did turn off the traction control. Well welcome winter I will be enjoying my beater cause since I can't Dodge it right now I'm gonna Ram It. LOL

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have now driven two winters (08, 09) in wisconsin in 6 speed rt with 18" Michealen tires..no issue. Traded by 09 for a 2010 classic now with 20" goodyears, now we'll see how the ride is this year. Drove better than my 04 stratus r/t

·
Registered
772 Posts
I left Jimi in the driveway that whole week. I got a ride form my friend and it took us 2hrs to get from Boeing field to Tukwila. It is not worth it to drive a nice car on the roads around Seattle especially with all the people with SUV's who can't drive. If it is a sheet of ice and I need chains on my boots just to walk I will leave Jimi at home thank you !!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dang, wish I had seen this earlier but work continues to be very busy. I had gone over to Spokane for work for the day leaving SEATAC at 7:00am. I went in Nov to avoid the snow. Ha! Coming back that night, while snowing heavily in Spokane where they could depart, but nothing was allowed into SEATAC, leaving me delayed all night. Finally arriving back, I happily climbed in my trusty '93 Dakota. What a crap heap it is in any a nick of ice. Almost couldn't make it out of the dang parking lot just on small climb. So it did but it was a weary 35 miles up 405 to Mill Creek, but at least the traffic was gone by then.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Trust me on this (5 plus months of winter). The only advantage to turning off the traction control is to see how fast your front end and rear end can swap positions (darn fast).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts