Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
Random story warning.

So about a month ago, my chally got hit by a dumbass running a red light.

he hit me right behind my seat, and basically straight into the wheel. Which after getting a (no fault!) police report back and sending him to Key Auto Body in Matawan NJ ( extremely happy with the service, if anyone on here was wondering) The suspension was done, so they replaced it with the other guy's wallet. I got my car back today, only to be surprised that it was raised a good 2 inches at least in the back, it didnt cost me anything!
I want to post pictures but its already dark out, so tomorrow!

Do you think they had to do that to replace the suspension? My dad's the rear end guy, not me, so I really have no idea why they would other than that...

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I agree. it would be hard to jack it up unless they put the wrong springs in it or they did something else that they probably shouldnt have sone.

what shocks do you have?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
A 2 inch difference in ride height doesn't sound right. Please post some before and after pics of your ride.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Was your spare tire still in the trunk when you got the car back from the shop? :scratchhead:

OMG a friggin PEECHEE.. I haven't seen one of those things in forever.

That's great!

Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys sorry, havent been online in a while.. I'le post some pictures tomorrow.

But yeah, it doesnt make sense to me either...the suspension is straight from dodge and is original for the challenger SE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ile bring er to a more flat place to really see the difference, the second one is better. but HERE is a picture before the accident.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Check the part number tags that are attached to the rear springs and shocks. Call any Dodge dealer and they can tell you what car those parts should go in. I think your repair shop ordered the wrong part numbers; car is sitting way too high.

·
Banned
903 Posts
Yeah that looks like some of the old 60's 70's cars that people use to put air shocks on to raise the rear so they could put bigger tires on the rear to keep them from rubbing.

·
Super Moderator
14,138 Posts
I agree. Something is not right. The jacked up look would look good if you had bigger tires. The tires now look lost in the wheel well.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts