Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yeh you can see video of these cars coming off the assembly line, they don't have excessively high ride height at that stage.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Most dealers dont like to or can afford to tie up lifts, leaving it on a lift for 3 weeks waiting for a piece of sheet metal doesnt add up either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Most dealers dont like to or can afford to tie up lifts, leaving it on a lift for 3 weeks waiting for a piece of sheet metal doesnt add up either.

ordered a quarter panel, 7 days later arrived a dented one. ( actually worse then the original damage!) sent back, got the other one back in about 3 weeks. 20 days

I brought her to another shop, she's absolutely fine. it has to be the shots i got...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Take your car to a good tire shop and get a 4 wheel alignment. A good shop will have a printer hooked up to their alignment machine and can give you a copy of your wheel alignment specs. A laser alignment will tell you exactly where your wheels are and if they are in spec. This should be done on any car that has been in wreck like this. Most body shops don't pay the money to verify if their work is correct. It will tell you if your wheels are to far forward or back as well as camber, caster and toe specs.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Take your car to a good tire shop and get a 4 wheel alignment. A good shop will have a printer hooked up to their alignment machine and can give you a copy of your wheel alignment specs. A laser alignment will tell you exactly where your wheels are and if they are in spec. This should be done on any car that has been in wreck like this. Most body shops don't pay the money to verify if their work is correct. It will tell you if your wheels are to far forward or back as well as camber, caster and toe specs.
Good points except due to setback being measured on the front caster swing, setback for the rear won't be measured.

Jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, was just wondering if you ever got this issue resolved. My challenger got hit hard almost 3 months ago and is STILL in the body shop. I went to see it today after they did the alignment (which failed, due to control arms they said) and the car looked EXACTLY like yours, wheels too far forward and back jacked up. Guy gave the same line about it being on a lift for so long, blah blah and that it'd settle.

Hows your ride look now?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey guys
the car is still up a little bit, but barely noticeable. it dropped almost all the way down

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Hey guys
the car is still up a little bit, but barely noticeable. it dropped almost all the way down
Pix of how it looks now???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hey guys, im up visiting colleges... should post pics towards the end of the week

...pics with my new script challenger emblems on her that is!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts