Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other day when I was detailing the engine bay after a wash, I was wiping the underside of the hood up at the area of the hood latch. I notice right across the under side of the upper lip of the hood that it it’s not completely painted where u can see the uniprime like tiny dots. It’s not fish eye it’s plainly not enough paint sprayed in that area. My car being black it’s probably more noticeable. Idk if this issue has been brought up in the past? I’ll be bringing it back in the dealerships body shop to have it fixed. I tried taking a pic but there was too much glare from the sun. Here’s a modified pic of the area.

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
Really? Are you really going to take it to a body shop for that?

You should do a search for others that have taken their car to a dealer body shop for ridiculously minor paint issues. One turned into such a disaster that the car was bought back.

I'm a collision tech. 85% of body shops out there are not competent enough to paint a push lawn mower.

If they manage to match the factory gloss, and avoid hard lining the hood edge I will be truly shocked.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't disagree with you. I actually changed my mind when I went out to have another look at it. I have read some of the horror stories with paint issues. It's scary! Just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed it on their cars. Besides its a garage kept seasonal car anyway. I appreciate your reply. I love constructive criticism. TY!

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
I used to work at a dealer, I've so many of these little fixes being done by some guy out back with a glorified spray can. The results are usually poor. I'd recommend against doing any repair to such a minor issue

These are mass produced cars made at the lowest cost for max profit. Its not going to be perfect

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice & replies. It’s been almost 2 years since I purchased it and I have only noticed it now. Not going to fret over it. I don’t want to take any chances messing up a great looking car with a very small flaw. I only have 12000Km/7500miles on it. Just going to keep enjoying the car. ✌???

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I have the same damage back under the rear cradle tucked up by where the diff bolts go through the rail it's a real eyesore and taking it up with FCA! Stay tuned

1 - 7 of 7 Posts