Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is mainly for FF[ Furious Fuscia] Challenger Owners and prospective owners [perhaps other Challengers too] ! A few weeks ago I went to the closest Chicagoland DODGE dealer [ in the South suburbs, that I know a few have been to and/or bought from] ;and is one of the best around : to pick up one of those "Let Freedom Rev" posters ..with our General George Washington:) standing next to "our helm" !:thumbsup:!!!Before going into the dealer, I decided to take a tour of the lot [ staying inside the vehicle as it was about 20 degrees] !! Man, there were Challengers of all colors/models all over !!! There were at least 6 FFs all in a row ; as if they were all poised to strut down the runway !:bowdown:!! Well, as I approached very slowly upon the first FF ,with my Inspector glance, I noticed some imperfection at the Driver's side @ the rear of the fender and the front of the door. I don't recall seeing this on the passenger side. I moved to the next FF and noticed the very same thing: a mis-alignment and/or slightly defective body panels or ?? . I noticed this on all FFs except one I believe !! Obviously something happened/went on somewhere either at Brampton, or wherever the Fenders and/or door panels are struck [ molded?]. Now, as stated ,I did not get out and do a 360 on each Challenger. but seem to recall carefully looking at all other models /colors..and didn't notice what I did on the FFs. There were a couple Mopar 10s too, at a different spot on the lot !! Perhaps, I'm just keen or have higher standards; even with my 'beer' budget !!!:icon_rolleyes: Yet, I know a lot of you also require,want and hopefully [strive for] perfection !!! as I !! Just like we are keen to notice paint imperfections or scratches/dents etc !! I just read most of the FF Owners thread , http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/official-furious-fuchsia-owners-thread-50982/ ; , and didn't see any posts of such . I'm wondering if any FF owners have this on their's [hopefully not] and/or if anyone has noticed this on any FFs or other Challengers while visiting a Dodge Dealer ?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have not noticed this on my FF R/T....I just spent about 8-10 hours detailing it and prepping it for the spring, and while doing this you notice every little detail of the paint/body...and I didn't notice this.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Go back after work and snap some pics for us. My dealer also has 6 FF's, and im going to stop and look on those.
Excellent idea !:thumbsup: I'll just need help posting on here ! P.S. Here's one shot from the dealer's website, but it's not at the correct angle and quality ...but I do seem to notice a slight rise at the left front of the hood....not a smooth continuation to the fender/bumper :

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just checked mine after reading this post. Lighting not the greatest in garage but do not see anything that looks bad. I too would appreciate some pics of what you are describing.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOOD News, gOOd news !!!

Well Comrades, I've got some real GOOD, gOOd news.:redblob:..and just a bit of Badnews !!! I did go out to the dealer and took a few pictures/tried to get a proper angle/height-wise too !! I looked over several FFs, as well as 4-6 others [ gee they got a bunch ].. and I did not see what I thought I'd saw...a few weeks ago. I mean, I panned up& down migrated ever so slightly and slowly to try and see any imperfection I could... But I, Ragamuffin could not, did not see anything wrong !!! What I did see, with every minute movement was a very subtle reflection of the daylight &/or of a Challenger/vehicle that was next to it... an optical illusion [or delusion on my part or within my cranial cavity:scratchhead:] !!! I haven't even looked at my pics yet, but the bad news is ,' I've been fooled again' !! Therefore, I am now volunteering 'To be stuffed into anyone's Challenger Trunk, with the secret trunk release totally taped off... and taken for a real rough ride !!:slap::brickwall:!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Excellent idea !:thumbsup: I'll just need help posting on here ! P.S. Here's one shot from the dealer's website, but it's not at the correct angle and quality ...but I do seem to notice a slight rise at the left front of the hood....not a smooth continuation to the fender/bumper :
So how do you feel about that slight sag on the bottom edge of the "passenger side" trunk lid...
The sag that's been on all of them shipped with a spoiler since 2008

I have seen this on every car I have ever looked at, either at a dealer or Chrysler's at Carlisle.
The drivers side is never as noticeable... just the passenger side.
Pretty sure it can be adjusted to match, I just didn't try yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So how do you feel about that slight sag on the bottom edge of the "passenger side" trunk lid...

I have seen this on every car I have ever looked at, either at a dealer or Chrysler's at Carlisle.
Indeed I hadn't noticed before but now that I look again there it is.
Surprised I didn't notice it when I waxed the car.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,120 Posts
Mine does sag exactly like that:(
Every time I wash the car it bugs me.
Anyone try to get warranty on this?

·
Super Moderator
15,588 Posts
You can adjust the black plastic strike bumpers (they're threaded) to level the trunk to the rear facia - sometimes you have to add on one side, then lower on the other to make it all come out.

Takes a few minutes, easy to do - there's one on left and another on the right side. You'll have to open/close the trunk lid a couple of times to check the adjustment to make sure its right.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
You can adjust the black plastic strike bumpers (they're threaded) to level the trunk to the rear facia - sometimes you have to add on one side, then lower on the other to make it all come out.

Takes a few minutes, easy to do - there's one on left and another on the right side. You'll have to open/close the trunk lid a couple of times to check the adjustment to make sure its right.
I figured they had stops for it... and likely some dealers would adjust them if anyone pointed it out.
I just found it odd that so many left the factory like that in the 1st place.

You would have thought that sooner or later a foremen would have walked up to the Canuck on that side of the line...
And told him not to bottom out the rear rubber/plastic trunk bumper stop on every last car.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Oh my goodness, I mean "Badness" !!!

Indeed I hadn't noticed before but now that I look again there it is.
Surprised I didn't notice it when I waxed the car.
Oh, Criponese !!!:(

Mine does not sag like that.

Heck, yours looks perrrrfect !!:thumbsup:
:disgust::scratchhead:

Yeah, yeah,, I remember My 1970 Challengers had those threaded hard rubber striker deals....probably all vehicles have these..just for these minute adjustments when there are misadjustments !!!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
My trunk doesn't sag either.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Yeah no sag whatsoever on my end. Then again Bob did deliver it so...
Certainly not a big issue... and easily adjusted by any dealer who looks for it.
But still odd that so many left the same way on day one...

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Well, if you think about it it could very well just be that thats where they land with the stoppers in the furthest down position. I don't see them taking time on the assembly line to fiddle with a tiny adjustment that should be done in dealer pdi anyway if that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Certainly not a big issue... and easily adjusted by any dealer who looks for it.
But still odd that so many left the same way on day one...
Well, it certainly makes us/one wonder. I mean humans inevitably make slight boo-booz !! Probably even some of these Robotic guys/gals makes mistakes....but that's why there's a QC Dept. People that get to drive Challengers off the line and into parking lot..perhaps aren't required to notice or tell a Foreman/Woman ,' Hey this one has issues..take it out of "the Lineup" !!!! Heck, if someone could get me even a part time QC job up at Brampton... I'll [try to] assure all Challengertalkers [and even Non-Challengertalkers] ' That No Challenger will leave Brampton before its Time" !!! I would need a place to stay..heck anyone's heated barn will do fine...even Will work for Challenger !!!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts