Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Who will be November's Challenger of the Month?

• RWL11

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • OGsquidbilly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bob Ricewasser

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • PaVaSteeler

• Nightwing

• Evan_O

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • 6.4_Huckleberry

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • TheRedKey

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • dan harleyrench

• Zeeman

• rosco61

• Al A

• Polo Castro 513

• Mjclemm

• Maxedwell

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • LadyScat

• SKT PK 9 Man

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Victor Hugo Ortiz Romero

• IXLR8

• GioZavala

• dodge73dart

• SmokeShowTA

• NTMID8R-R/T

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • LilShaker

• Srt8 Cruella

• RaceNeked

• bowling0107

• GreenGoSoldier

• GreenGo2017

• Chad Spleef

• SikteenLtX

• Eddieceo

• black_EAG

• 64hunkerdown

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
my '10 RT with the Exterior Appearance Package. a '70 Challenger T/A has been one of my dream cars, and this is the closest I'll get to that + I get a Hemi and better handling. To closer replicate the '70 I added chrome door handle caps, mirror caps, moved the Challenger grill badge to the correct side and added redline pinstripes to my wheels to similar the old school redline tires closer.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2011 SRT8 392 BGE Supercharged Toxic Orange heavily modified Challenger
957 Posts
This Ride of the Month club this is suppose to be a fun and uplifting experience for people to "show off" their car. It's kind'a like going to an amateur car show where basically (biased, rather than seasoned professionals) walk around and judge what they like rather than the merit of the "presentation of a build".

So, in the spirit of this event, I wish everyone good fortune as you take pride in your ride.

But being the debbie downer I am when it comes to judging...

If left to me, I would judge based on "the build" and/or "presentation". Essentially, rewarding the additive collective points accumulated from cognition, analysis and/or engineering; culminating in the whole coordinated "presentation". If a car is "mostly" stock, then artistic presentation must be factored. Some of the cars entered may not be modified, but the positioning and/or settings is well to be counted as "unique". That said, a completely stock car - that can be had from a dealer, presented as "something special" would not rank high without said backdrop, whereas, when someone enhances or modifies what is there in a cohesive and synchronized manner would rank higher, and, someone who has the artistic eye to utilize color, positioning and even black/white imagery captures imagination and merits reward. IMHO.

To that end, there are some really good looking rides this month. Good luck all.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,181 Posts
It's not that deep, it's just whatever you like best ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
27 Posts
The car I am looking at and I currently own the white R/T Stars and Stipes Edition.
You gonna keep the white one?

This Ride of the Month club this is suppose to be a fun and uplifting experience for people to "show off" their car. It's kind'a like going to an amateur car show where basically (biased, rather than seasoned professionals) walk around and judge what they like rather than the merit of the "presentation of a build".

So, in the spirit of this event, I wish everyone good fortune as you take pride in your ride.

But being the debbie downer I am when it comes to judging...

If left to me, I would judge based on "the build" and/or "presentation". Essentially, rewarding the additive collective points accumulated from cognition, analysis and/or engineering; culminating in the whole coordinated "presentation". If a car is "mostly" stock, then artistic presentation must be factored. Some of the cars entered may not be modified, but the positioning and/or settings is well to be counted as "unique". That said, a completely stock car - that can be had from a dealer, presented as "something special" would not rank high without said backdrop, whereas, when someone enhances or modifies what is there in a cohesive and synchronized manner would rank higher, and, someone who has the artistic eye to utilize color, positioning and even black/white imagery captures imagination and merits reward. IMHO.

To that end, there are some really good looking rides this month. Good luck all.
Are you a lawyer? Cause that sounded pretty good. I'd hire you.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
it's all in good jest. I really do wish everyone who entered, well. Some pictures are just amazing.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
246 Posts
I think of this as more “People’s Choice” vs real judging. Sometimes it’s the car… sometimes it’s the photography… it can vary. Personally, I love seeing how owners have personalized their cars.

My Family is into Hudsons, and the Hudson club is a non-judging club. It definitely promotes a good environment. You can pull it with a $60k car or a $2k car and people treat you the same. Not all car clubs are like that. While I know there are some on here who enter shows to be judged, there’s definitely a sense of community on this forum that I really appreciate.

@DirectConnection - you deserved the recognition for your ride and pics. We all enjoyed viewing them.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Thank you @zup28w - I enjoy seeing the pics this month - I like "imagining" the "story" behind the pictures - where they are taken - what they're doing, etc. Agreed, it's fun to see what folks do to/with their cars. (And on a more selfish note, I can live vicariously through people showing their joy - while winter bares down on New Hampshire.)

Maybe that will be a month's theme - paint a story behind/with the pictures. (moderator hint hint)

·
Administrator
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
WOW. Soooo many entries this month....and double wow, scrolling was a REAL pain :LOL:. Definitely need to put a limit on pics per post going forward.

Because we have so many entries this month, please read below:

Members have TWO votes this month. Please vote carefully for your first and second choice. Poll closes December 1st. Good luck!

-Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
1974 Repatriated.

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

This Challenger is one of eight exported to Switzerland in 1974 and outfitted to meet EU road requirements; including Rallye Dash in KPM, Rear Shoulder Belt Restraints, Hella Headlights and Headlight Squirters. The car was originally licensed in Sweden and all windows were etched with the license plate number. After several years, the car was sold to a buyer in London. It was difficult to find street parking and the owner decided to sell it. An A&P Mechanic from a US airline purchased the car and returned it to the US. The owner had wrecked his 1970 Challenger T/A and was looking for a replacement.

Upon return to the US, the owner replaced the original suspension and differential with the ‘70 T/As suspension and Dyna 60 from the wreck. The original 318 was discarded and a high performance 340 installed. Work continued by replacing the heads, manifold and carb with performance parts. The transmission was replaced with a transmission built for drag racing at Pacific Raceway. The car has an estimated 409 Horsepower.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Current owner purchased the car in Kent, WA in May of 2020. The racing wheels and tires were replaced with updated Magnum 500-look wheels. Correct sideview mirrors added, interior was restored, battered trim is being replaced and the home-made graphite composite front spoiler replaced with the ‘Cuda AAR spoiler. Most recent update is painting the hood matte black to pay tribute to the car’s T/A underpinnings.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,181 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Nice additions, but the last two won't be in this months contest which is closed and now voting (y)

A guy

·
Premium Member
5,173 Posts
1974 Repatriated.

View attachment 1037317

This Challenger is one of eight exported to Switzerland in 1974 and outfitted to meet EU road requirements; including Rallye Dash in KPM, Rear Shoulder Belt Restraints, Hella Headlights and Headlight Squirters. The car was originally licensed in Sweden and all windows were etched with the license plate number. After several years, the car was sold to a buyer in London. It was difficult to find street parking and the owner decided to sell it. An A&P Mechanic from a US airline purchased the car and returned it to the US. The owner had wrecked his 1970 Challenger T/A and was looking for a replacement.

Upon return to the US, the owner replaced the original suspension and differential with the ‘70 T/As suspension and Dyna 60 from the wreck. The original 318 was discarded and a high performance 340 installed. Work continued by replacing the heads, manifold and carb with performance parts. The transmission was replaced with a transmission built for drag racing at Pacific Raceway. The car has an estimated 409 Horsepower.
View attachment 1037320

Current owner purchased the car in Kent, WA in May of 2020. The racing wheels and tires were replaced with updated Magnum 500-look wheels. Correct sideview mirrors added, interior was restored, battered trim is being replaced and the home-made graphite composite front spoiler replaced with the ‘Cuda AAR spoiler. Most recent update is painting the hood matte black to pay tribute to the car’s T/A underpinnings.

View attachment 1037316

Enjoy!
Welcome from Alabama. Sweet!

Reactions: Srt8 Cruella

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
5,407 Posts
1974 Repatriated.

View attachment 1037317

View attachment 1037320

View attachment 1037316

Enjoy!
Welcome from New Jersey. 👍

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't done much to this car except wash it and drive it. I'm trying to keep the mods to a minimum on Ol' Number 66, just the T/A hood and splash guards. If you're in the Tulsa area you might catch me out and about with it daily. I did have to pull over and snap a picture of it last weekend, Gold Rush looked right at home with the fall colors on the trees. View attachment 1036414
I love a T/A hood

41 - 60 of 66 Posts