Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I agree. Technically it would be "Citron Yella" for Dodge and "Curious Yellow" for Plymouth.
The High-Impact/Performance Colors

Color Code
Plymouth Name
Dodge Name (2nd)

High-Impact
High-Performance

FC7
In Violet
Plum Crazy
FJ5
Lime Light
Sublime
EK2
Vitamin C Orange
Go-Mango
EV2
Tor-Red
Hemi Orange
FY1
Lemon Twist
Top Banana
FM3
Moulin Rouge
Panther Pink
FJ6
Sassy Grass
Green-Go
Italics are mid-year colors

GY3
Curious Yellow
Citron Yella
EV2
Tor-Red
Hemi Orange
FJ6
Sassy Grass
Green-Go
FC7
In Violet
Plum Crazy
FY1
Lemon Twist
Top Banana

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Panther pink.. Limited in numbers to just the hellcats.. badge would read. "My pink pussykat wants to play.":elephant:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Whoever named Go Mango and Green Go back in 1970 did their marketing homework. I have always admired the brilliance of those names. And I love both colors as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoever named Go Mango and Green Go back in 1970 did their marketing homework. I have always admired the brilliance of those names. And I love both colors as well.
I'm pretty sure the original name of Plum Crazy was Statutory Grape. LOL Now THAT is a good one!

·
Registered
187 Posts
While colors like sublime green, citron yellow, plum crazy, hemi orange, etc. are cool colors, I personally wouldn't get a car in any of those colors. For me the novelty would wear off quickly and I'd get tired of them.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
For those of you who have SEEN the new sublime in person, is it like a bright Kawasaki green ? So many photos of it are washed out and digital cameras can't always get the color right. If it's a Kawasaki green I want it !

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I've always been confused by the Oranges.

Back in The Day, Tor-Red and Hemi-Orange were the same paint code...flash forward to today, and aren't they different colors (Hemi-Orange is more of an Orange color, and Tor-Red is a bright red).

Also, Go-ManGo/Vitamin C back then was more what Header Orange is today, correct?

·
Registered
721 Posts
For those of you who have SEEN the new sublime in person, is it like a bright Kawasaki green ? So many photos of it are washed out and digital cameras can't always get the color right. If it's a Kawasaki green I want it !
Go to a local Jeep lot with a Gecko Green Jeep and see it in person.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've always been confused by the Oranges.

Back in The Day, Tor-Red and Hemi-Orange were the same paint code...flash forward to today, and aren't they different colors (Hemi-Orange is more of an Orange color, and Tor-Red is a bright red).

Also, Go-ManGo/Vitamin C back then was more what Header Orange is today, correct?
Correct, Tor-Red and Hemi Orange were the same color, they were also metallic.
Vitamin C and Go Mango were a little more pale and non-metallic.

Some other interesting notes about the old colors...
EL-5 Butterscotch AKA Bahama Yellow, was available in 1969 and 1971, but not 1970.
EF-6 Bright Green AKA Rallye Green is commonly called Spring Green because it was only available in the spring of 1969.
FM-3 Panther Pink AKA Moulin Rouge was only available in the spring of 1970 and could be special ordered in 1971.
There are only 3 1971 FM-3 cars know to exist.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Here's a neat link for the historical challenger colors. The model year is listed across the top of the page.

Paint Chip Sheet 1971 Chrysler Challenger

See....I miss the days when cars actually had COLOR to them. What do we have now? Two blacks, two silver/grays, two whites, and one or two "heritage colors" that are limited availability.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Sublime14 wrote
"Go to a local Jeep lot with a Gecko Green Jeep and see it in person."

IF the new sublime is gecko green,( saw a Jeep online, good idea Sublime14, thanks) I will buy one. Either a SRT or a 392 R/T. Not going to bum rush the dealer, it will have to be on the lot and if it's optioned the way I want it and they will deal a bit, I'll take it home. Love the loud in your face colors, these cars deserve those colors ! You will need sunglasses in my garage!

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
178 Posts
Curious Yella and elusive Bright Green/Rallye Green. And Panther Pink! Is Rallye Green Chrysler's take on what is called 'British Green'?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts