Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://nufinish.com/products_polish.html

Hi I was in Walmart browsing the gear I am going to use for cleaning. I was amazed how inexpensive Nu Finish was ($6). I remember seeing a couple of insinuations on this forum that it wasn't very good and was hoping for some explanations as to why.

I was planning on putting a couple of coats of a sealant like Nu Finish on my new Challenger when it arrives then doing a couple waxes on top to protect the clear coat.

If you have an alternative or better sealant to recommend in place of Nu Finish can you please explain it and post a link to buy/research it?

Thank you

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've used Nu Finish Polish for years now. Actually, I just polished my Challenger with it last week and love the results. Some say it's a bit harsh. It does remove tar/road grime with ease. I apply it just once a year, however it does recommend a second application for best results. It's not for everyone, but I like it.

2010 Hemi Orange Challenger RT Classic
6 Speed Manual
Super Track Pak
Electronics Conv. Group
Mygig Nav with Sound Group II
White Stripes

Mods: Katzkin Pearl White Leather * Skip Shift Eliminator

·
Registered
389 Posts
I use it - like the results. I apply it twice a year - once in the Spring, again in the Fall right before winter. I also use a little dab to take off baked on bugs or any kind of tar, road grime, etc. It lifts any of that hard to remove stuff right off and leaves a nice finish.

Mine's a daily driver and is outside year round. This stuff is pretty much "bullet proof" to the elements, and it lasts a really long time. Those are the primary reasons I use it. As SRTpwr said - not everyone is a fan of NuFinish, but I've used it for a long time too and I'm satisfied.

As far as putting something on top of it - I wait about a week after applying the NuFinish, then apply a coat of Zaino clear seal protectorant. Just wipe it on very lightly and walk away. 30 minutes later your car will shine even more - and stay that way for months even after repeated washes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.