Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I tell ya, my car is sooo heavy!

<how heavy is it??>

It’s so heavy that U-Haul refused to rent me an auto transport trailer to haul it because the combined weight of the car and the trailer are greater than the amount of weight my rented 2018 Nissan Frontier is rated to tow.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I tell ya, my car is sooo heavy!

<how heavy is it??>

It’s so heavy that U-Haul refused to rent me an auto transport trailer to haul it because the combined weight of the car and the trailer are greater than the amount of weight my rented 2018 Nissan Frontier is rated to tow.
If it makes you feel better, my 2013 5.7 grand cherokee (7200lb towing capacity) is not recommended either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If it makes you feel better, my 2013 5.7 grand cherokee (7200lb towing capacity) is not recommended either.
THOSE BAS-TURDS!!!

I'll grab my pitchfork, you bring the torches, and we'll storm the Castle U-Haul and take back what's ours - FREEDOM!!!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I guess they just don't make alternators like they used to, not even the $350 Mopar ones!!

The flurry of P0622's came at me hard and fast, and I was knocked down and out before I knew what was going on. Now I sit at home, without a car, for the second day in a row, and likely to go 3 before anything gets done, all due to my new alternator's inability to properly deliver enough juice to the rest of the car (or is delivering too much?).

I suppose I am lucky it was in the parking lot at work when it decided to stage its sit-in, but that does make getting to it and getting it back to the dealership much more difficult because of the extra distance involved (~40 miles to get to it, ~30 miles to get it back to the dealership). Oh well, I've beat the odds before, and I will do it again!!

<sigh>

I picked the wrong day to stop huffing paint!!
You're in luck now. Since you had the dealer do the complete repair you've got a warranty. The problem now is that Dodge Doesn't Care will only tow it 10 or so miles. As for wanting to tow it with a rented ricer; can you say Ram? Now, if you swing by, I'll loan you my Moose to tow it.

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You're in luck now. Since you had the dealer do the complete repair you've got a warranty. The problem now is that Dodge Doesn't Care will only tow it 10 or so miles. As for wanting to tow it with a rented ricer; can you say Ram? Now, if you swing by, I'll loan you my Moose to tow it.
Thanks for the offer, but I got my former pimp to help me out. (No, he’s not literally a pimp. He just hired me to other people who used me to do degrading tasks and then kept 50% of what I earned for doing it. Wait a second! Oh yeah, never mind, real pimps keep 100% of the money, so he’s good.)

I must say, as aggravating as this whole sordid episode has been to endure, seeing the face of the service advisor standing there in the parking lot as we rolled up with my car on a trailer almost made up for it. I had scheduled the service in advance but kept having to reschedule it as my plans for getting the car there kept falling through. And he was the same advisor who dealt with me last time, so he knew who I was and what was going on long before I showed up.

In fact he called to see how it was going at 4:01 pm when I had not shown up for my scheduled 4:00 appointment. I told him we were running late because it took me longer than anticipated to find a replacement tow vehicle, but not to worry, I was inbound and would be there for sure before closing time at 5:00. :yesnod:

The momentary silence on the other end of the line confirmed to me he had hoped I wouldn’t make it there by closing time, thus removing from him the burden of dealing with me (he is off on Mondays), and that I had just disappointed him with my assurance he would indeed see me after all.

When we finally got there and I went to get the car off the trailer, you’d have thought he was my paid, personal assistant with all the help he was offering in getting things unlatched and unstrapped! >:)

In the end, I didn’t lay into him or berate him with a barrage of “I told you so!” or “This is what $800 gets me?!?” statements, though I had certainly considered it several times throughout the week. And it wasn’t a functioning moral compass or set of behavorial values that kept me from acting like a jack-ass either, it was simply the knowledge (shared with me on last visit) that he still faced a drive home (and subsequent drives to and from work) in a Smart car.

Anyone who is saddled with driving one of those “vehicles” has already been punished much more than I could hope to, and I see little value in piling on in such a scenario. 0:)

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh boy, so here we are over a week into this quagmire, and yet somehow we are no closer to resolution than we were 8 days ago when it all kicked into high gear.

From the time the P0620 hit me with the battery light last Monday until I dropped it off at the dealership on Saturday afternoon, I probably started the car close to a dozen times. And each and every time the light popped on after 2 seconds of running, and it would not go out until the ignition was turned off. BTW, those starts span a couple different episodes of pulling the battery cables off completely, and the net results were always the same - battery light and P0620 a couple seconds after starting the car. In fact, the very last time I started the car, which was Saturday afternoon when I drove it off the trailer and parked it in the dealership's service bay, that battery light was on just as strong as ever.

And yet, after 3 days of attempting to recreate the fault scenario, the dealership service techs have not seen the light come on one single time! The P0620 DTC is still stored, but they cannot get the car to repeat the conditions necessary to throw that code, so they basically have just been starting up and driving my car around a couple of times each day for the last 3 days.

They are going to give it one more day and then give it back to me if they cannot make it happen again.

While I am certainly eager to get my baby back after going without it for so long, I am reticent to drive any further than 15 miles or so from the dealership once I have it back. That's because I know it will eventually pop up again, and I don't want to be stuck trying to find a way to get it from Irving back to Denton when it does.

I kinda wish I was a big spender or high-roller in some fashion, that way I could demand they give me a loaner car to drive they keep futzing with my car. But I have never purchased a new car from them (or a used one for that matter), and I've probably only spent $500 or less in their service department between my 2 challengers over the years. The rest of the work has all been warranty or recall stuff, so they didn't get anything out of me on those.

And while I'm on my soap-box, what's with all the Uber drivers around here driving matchboxes?!?! If I get one more Ford Festiva or Chevy Chevette show up to give me and my groceries a ride home from the Krogers down the road, I am going to lose my sh#t!!!

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Chevy Chevette! Man I have not seen one of those around here since the late 90's. If an Uber driver pulled up in one of those I would probably revert to hitchhiking.

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
Chevy Chevette! Man I have not seen one of those around here since the late 90's. If an Uber driver pulled up in one of those I would probably revert to hitchhiking.
1987 was last year of production of Chevette - so the newest example is 31 years old...

every once in a while I'll see one - which is surprising since I can't see someone going through extraordinary step to preserve one. It was the cheapest new model they offered.

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Y’all are focusing on the wrong part of the story!!!

Forget about the Chevette and have some sympathy for your ole buddy Nuke who has to fold himself into these Chevette-esque vehicles the Uber minions drive.

What happened to y’all that has so jaded you against feeling real human emotions?!?!

1987 was last year of production of Chevette - so the newest example is 31 years old...

every once in a while I'll see one - which is surprising since I can't see someone going through extraordinary step to preserve one. It was the cheapest new model they offered.

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
Y’all are focusing on the wrong part of the story!!!

Forget about the Chevette and have some sympathy for your ole buddy Nuke who has to fold himself into these Chevette-esque vehicles the Uber minions drive.

What happened to y’all that has so jaded you against feeling real human emotions?!?!
Try having a Toyota Corolla (early 2000s model) as your loaner when you dropped off your (new) car for warranty work.

I remember quoting - "if I had to face this thing at the start of every day, life wouldn't be all that meaningful to look forward to..."

Grim, basic transportation - and when slowing down to a stop, the engine's vibration settling down to idle would make the headlight beams vibrate [and this was a brand new <100 mi...all that Toyota quality, yeah] which you could see on the car in front

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Beep boop, I am indifferent to your suffering.

*generic robot noises*
You came to the right place, i’ve literally made a career out getting machines to do what I command!

If you will just process the following into your internal database engine and call the referenced stored procedure every time you read one of my posts, you’ll be good to go!!

/* Create a table to hold some emotions
and then fill it. Then create a stored proc to use the table */

CREATE TABLE EMOTIONS
(
ID INT NOT NULL,
WHO VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,
EMOTION VARCHAR(max)
)

INSERT INTO EMOTIONS
VALUES(1, ‘Nuke’, ‘Have some sympathy for Nuke’)

CREATE PROC spSympathize
@who varchar(25) = ‘Nuke’
AS
BEGIN

SET ROWCOUNT OFF

SELECT EMOTION FROM EMOTIONS
WHERE WHO = @who

END

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
You came to the right place, i’ve literally made a career out getting machines to do what I command!
Except for the charging system on a '10 SE...

I couldn't resist - it was just a setup for that line <rim shot>

·
Registered
3,638 Posts

If you will just process the following into your internal database engine and call the referenced stored procedure every time you read one of my posts, you’ll be good to go!!

CREATE TABLE EMOTIONS
(
ID INT NOT NULL,
EMOTION VARCHAR(max)
)

INSERT INTO EMOTIONS

CREATE PROC spSympathize
AS
BEGIN

SET ROWCOUNT OFF

WHERE WHO = @who

END
Oh, hi Nuke, how are youuuuu...

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Except for the charging system on a '10 SE...

I couldn't resist - it was just a setup for that line <rim shot>
What can I say, women and Challengers have always given me fits. They’ll ignore all sound logic reason and go against my explicite commands despite my repeated attempts at course corrections.

I wish they’d just finally learn its gonna hurt them more than me!

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ouch, looks like I fat fingered something while typing in the SQL. Alright, I’ll go back over my code and look for mistakes, but in the meantime you should reboot in safe mode and await further instructions. I’ll send them over on a 5.25 “ floppy...you DO have a floppy drive that reads 5 1/4 disks don’t you??

CREATE TABLE EMOTIONS
(
ID INT NOT NULL,
EMOTION VARCHAR(max)
)

INSERT INTO EMOTIONS

CREATE PROC spSympathize
AS
BEGIN

SET ROWCOUNT OFF

WHERE WHO = @who

END
Oh, hi Nuke, how are youuuuu...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Ouch, looks like I fat fingered something while typing in the SQL. Alright, I’ll go back over my code and look for mistakes, but in the meantime you should reboot in safe mode and await further instructions. I’ll send them over on a 5.25 “ floppy...you DO have a floppy drive that reads 5 1/4 disks don’t you??
You're gonna send me one of those real life save buttons?

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
What will you do if the Uber driver shows up in a Prius?

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
What will you do if the Uber driver shows up in a Prius?

A Guy
It will be spectacularly Nuke-culer...on the evening news:

...a man in the Dallas / Fort Worth area was seen beating in the roof of a Uber driver that arrived to pick up the rider

...and for reasons unknown, seemed to be agitated and yelling something about retribution for what a Prius had done to his (undistinguishable growling) car...

...more details will follow as this case develops...stay tuned

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

CREATE TABLE EMOTIONS
(
ID INT NOT NULL,
EMOTION VARCHAR(max)
)

INSERT INTO EMOTIONS

CREATE PROC spSympathize
AS
BEGIN

SET ROWCOUNT OFF

WHERE WHO = @who

END
Could you translate that into Greek so we all could understand? LOL!!!!

And HEY! Nobody told me all about this. I had to pick it up...... Good Luck!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts