Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,995 Posts
I take it you are younger? If you lived through the 60s and 70s, it makes a big difference. I do like your car ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
I take it you are younger? If you lived through the 60s and 70s, it makes a big difference. I do like your car ;)

A Guy
28 and counting ... and i take you are older? 10x respect for you man ... guessing you lived through the 60s , your car is the OG , no doubt ... i have a feeling i will aquire a lot of knowledge in the coming time from you lol ,still waiting on that nickname change lol ... i massaged them Over at the hellcats forum thinking im in here and they sent me an email today confirming they changed it ,but not here lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,995 Posts
Yes, I'm 29 :p

x2

+ 1 3/4

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
93 Posts
I always grew up as a kid loving muscles cars. Just how clean the look was, the rumble and aggressive sound. I fell in love with the ‘69 Charger and ‘71 Challenger when I saw them at a car show in 3rd or 4th grade. It was my gift after I had eye surgery so we went.

I started my permit driving with a Dodge Journey, and always liked Dodge. My first car/truck would’ve been a ‘99 Dakota before it got totaled while parked and we were fixing it up.

Just the fit of modern and retro styling caught my eyes. It’s what makes it the last standing American Muscle car, really.

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
69 Posts
I guess I have a Mopar story too. We grew up in a 1966 Dodge Dart, 225 slant six, GT coupe with a red interior and silver paint. The car served us very well, my sisters and I all learned on that car and got our driver's licenses. Power steering was way too easy (one finger), I remember filling up the battery with distilled water every now and then, the car didn't have AC but had vent doors near your knee and the triangular ones you open right behind the A-pillar. It was our family car for many years along with a 1953 Chevy 3 window pickup. I eventually used the car for college and although it wasn't a muscle car, the ride, the styling, and a little rumble from the slant six with flowmasters made it a fun car to have. I messed up the interior putting in a budget sound system. At the swap meet I found smooth Valiant wheel covers.

One rainy day the drum brakes got really wet and I crashed it, luckily no one was hurt but the car. I tried to straighten out the front end and grill with the help of some questionable body work people (I think the tow truck driver sent his cousins to my house) the car was drivable but it wasn't the same no way. Eventually the drivetrain kept clunking, the front end still looked rigged, and I had to sell the car for bottom dollar as it was taking up space. I swore I would go back to Dodge one day and own one again, but as time went by older mopars got more expensive, so my dream of owning a late 60s early 70s Dodge disappeared. As a college student I couldn't spend funds maintaining an older car so I bought an old Civic to get around. Once, someone saw me looking at a Mopar magazine at the local bookstore and treated me to a ride in a 1968 Dart GTS, 340, that was great. Finally, after many years I find out the Challenger is still available and I was ready to order one, and that brings me to the forum. :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,212 Posts
Just the beautiful mixture of retro and modern styling. I think Dodge nailed it. Camaro and Mustang don’t come close in terms of appearance.
This guy said it best.....but I must add a few pictures to reinforce the fact that the Challenger is the most nostalgic, retro car currently in production.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
225 Posts
Loved the looks of them from day 1. But didnt love the looks of the inside which looked too much like my Ram. Still, i wanted one. When 2015's came out, i really wanted one but couldnt get one till i paid off some bills. Finally got my 2018 last year.
Basically the same story for me. Lol.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
225 Posts
But here is the main reason I went with the 6.4l instead of the 5.7l...

Screenshot_2020-06-06_205741.jpg

Nothing wrong with the 5.7, I just like having that extra oomph. I would have gotten a Hellcat but all I could find when I was car shopping was super high mileage 2015/16 or new over $60K, which was out of my price range.

Also, as far as I am concerned, the Challenger is the last 2 door true purebred American "Muscle" car. You can call the others muscle cars if you like but they more closely resemble sports cars: they tiny cars, Challenger is big American brute.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts