Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the O.D. of a 90mm TB 90mm (3.5 inches)?

I'm trying to figure out if my 3.5" silicone elbow will fit over a 90mm TB like it does the stock one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
4" OD

I just ordered a 4" to 4" silicone coupler for my C&L intake and Arrington 90mm. PM me if you need a source.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
You getting the 90mm already, or just getting ready if you do get it? I would like to also at some point. Most likely after I do a forged engine.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure yet, just doing a bit of research for if I need it. A.J. is doing a bit of testing so I'm waiting to hear back from him before pulling the trigger. My gut tells me I'm gonna need it though.

I'm surprised the O.D. of a 90mm TB is a whole half inch larger.

·
Registered
70 Posts
... I'm surprised the O.D. of a 90mm TB is a whole half inch larger.
If the ID is 10mm larger... Why is it surprising that the OD 12.7mm larger?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I'm not sure yet, just doing a bit of research for if I need it. A.J. is doing a bit of testing so I'm waiting to hear back from him before pulling the trigger. My gut tells me I'm gonna need it though.

I'm surprised the O.D. of a 90mm TB is a whole half inch larger.
X2 waiting,waiting...

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess because I have a 3.5" silicone elbow on my stock throttle body connecting it from my Maggie to my Mopar CAI.

90mm = 3.5 inches

So the Mopar CAI tube I have today is 90mm (3.5") not 4".

·
Registered
70 Posts
You'll need a 3.5" to 4" coupler for your Mopar tube. My C&L CAI is 4" so I needed a 4" to 4" straight through.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figure to call Arrington to confirm. I still don't get how my 90mm tube for the CAI is 3.5" but a 90mm TB is 4". Something's not adding up, but if the guy has one on his car......

·
Registered
304 Posts
are you measuring outer diameter versus inner diameter? If the inner diameter of the TB is 90, and the outer diameter of the tube is 90, then the TB would be larger

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you measuring outer diameter versus inner diameter? If the inner diameter of the TB is 90, and the outer diameter of the tube is 90, then the TB would be larger
I was measuring outer on the CAI tube since that is what the silicone sleeve will need to fit over. The tube thickness is VERY minute....maybe 2mm total but I didn't check it. The sleeve is 3.5" but does have a bit of play since it's silicone.

Finding a 4" to 3.5" 45 elbow seems a bit tricky and or expensive that is why I want to be sure.

It's sounding like I'll need a 45° 4" to 3.5" reducing silicone elbow. Either red or blue.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
You will need a 4" for the 90mm tb. The 100mm also uses a 4" although its pretty tight. If your current CAI uses a 3.5" coupler than it is not a 4" pipe which is recomended for 90mm and 100mm tb applications.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK cool. Thanks everybody, now I know what I need.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep they have the 4" to 3.5" I need as well. Good place to buy from.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts