Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I finally got around to putting some o2 spacers in my midpipes after riding around about a year with the longtube headers, highflow cats and flowmaster exhaust. I also put some steel wool in the spacers as well the 000 kind with the real fine thread. Any way after installing them and clearing the emission below thresh hold codes I get the next day a code P130C the funny part is only 1 code versus the 2 individual for each sensor and the Diablo shows it as an unknown code. Google has yielded a general idea it is a o2 code put still thought I'd post it up to see some of the other thoughts or experiences others may have.

·
Registered
72 Posts
just put in some anti foulers with steel wool will keep ya guys posted on my results.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think thats an "O2 sensor slow to respond" code. I changed mine out when I did my exhaust because they wouldn't re-thread properly. They lasted a year then this code keeps coming up. I just had it happen to mine and I understand it sometimes happens with none OEM O2 sensors beacause of a different cycle length. http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif
I'm still working on a fix but I think I'm going to have to buy O2 sensors from Dodge.
Let us know if you find out anything.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I installed the "Mini-Cat CEL Fix" from Big Daddies Garage on both of my Challengers. Once these units burn in, the emissions codes go away. $50 is a small price to pay to address the emissions codes associated with high-flow cats.

O2 Simulator Mini Cat Cel Fix

·
Registered
126 Posts
"Mini-Cat CEL Fix" nice thanks

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I installed the "Mini-Cat CEL Fix" from Big Daddies Garage on both of my Challengers. Once these units burn in, the emissions codes go away. $50 is a small price to pay to address the emissions codes associates with high-flow cats.

how long have you been running these and how long has it been since the last code? I get codes periodically with my antifouler/stainless steel fix so I would try these if I was sure they worked

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
The Mini-Cats were installed in November. After driving the car approximately 200 miles, the car stopped throwing emissions codes.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I installed the "Mini-Cat CEL Fix" from Big Daddies Garage on both of my Challengers. Once these units burn in, the emissions codes go away. $50 is a small price to pay to address the emissions codes associated with high-flow cats.

Wow, those actually work!?

edited: n/m see your post above. Interesting and will keep these in mind if I ever wanna do catless mids or lt headers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to provide a bit of an update. I tried clearing the codes but to no avail. I also tried gradually removing more and more wool to the point you could see through it and it still wasn't working. I then tried to use only the drilled antifouler that the O2 fit into so it would be a little closer to the exhaust gas but agian no go. Strangley enough all those tries and it was still the same codes I figured I'd at least get a new one with no wool and closer to the exhaust. It seems the antifoulers with the bit of catalyst in them is the way to go. But I was also thinking I am only running the 91 CAI predator tune in my car. I figured with running headers at least in theory the CAI tune would and a little more fuel across the board and the adaptives would get more of the slack in it as I drove. Sadly I dont have an air/fuel meter to determine what I was thinking with the adaptives so maybe the antifouler/wool trick works but only on a correctly tuned car. Anyone with experience in that part with the wool trick it would be interesting to hear your results

·
Registered
86 Posts
O2 circuit, bank 1, circuit 1

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I just passed emissions here in TN on Friday with Orange Krush. All this makes me thankful I went with the SRT manis and mids and skipped the LT headers. Arrington gave me good advice there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts