Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into getting one of those OBD2 Interface gadgets with Bluetooth to allow me to use an Android App for reading and clearing faults, view all the available engine data, etc.
I thought this might work out better than a cheap OBD2 reader. You can leave it plugged in and set up a display of gauges on a cheap tablet or cell phone.
I know a few of you people have used them and I was hoping to get opinions on the apps available.
Does anyone have experience with the following apps?
Car Doctor
Car Doctor Pro
Torque Lite
Torque Pro

The following is a quick overview.

·
Registered
47 Posts
8.79 on sale walmart.com w/ free shipping (11/10) ... I'll pay 8.79 to be able to pull & resolve my own codes... yet alone be able to pull gages and such... thanks for posting.. I had no idea these existed this cheap... at minimum a new tool for my tool box...

·
Administrator
3,747 Posts
I've been using Torque Pro app for years. It's great and I highly recommend it. The developer routinely updates the app. I've used the OBDII adapter I got on eBay for under $10 on many vehicles without problem.

Bernie

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
I have a BlueDriver that I use from time to time that I like.

It was $99, which is a lot more than $8.79. I might buy the Wal-Mart one just to compare it.

EDIT: Yuck. Maybe not. Definitely read the reviews on Amazon before buying.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a BlueDriver that I use from time to time that I like.

It was $99, which is a lot more than $8.79. I might buy the Wal-Mart one just to compare it.

EDIT: Yuck. Maybe not. Definitely read the reviews on Amazon before buying.
If you don't mind, could you include the link for the Amazon reviews you were looking at?

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks...Yes definitely not a great average but I'll see how I do. I ended up paying $6.61 thru Walmart. Small investment!
I may go for the Torque Pro for the $5. Out of my 3 cars and 2 cell phones I'll have some fun and/or frustration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts