Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So plugged in my new obd2 scanner into my srt8 challenger last night and noticed the short fuel trim for bank 1 sensor 2 shows N/A. I did get a check engine light a month ago and went away on its own a week later. Why does it show N/A instead of a reading ? What should I look into? I tried googling but can’t find much. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,297 Posts
There is short term fuel trim readings for Bank 1 and Bank 2. These readings are from the #1 O2 sensors. The sensors that are located ahead of the converter.

There are long term fuel trim readings for Bank 1 and Bank 2. These reflect fuel adjustments arising from temperature, gas quality, elevation, engine tune, etc.

It is not clear which PID is being used to obtain the data being displayed, and it could be several PIDs are used, because there is a voltage value associated with the B1S2 voltage reading but the SHRTFLTB1S2 is dashed this is because the engine controller does not provide that data. In this case the raw value would be $FF. This signals the sensor is not used to calculate fuel trim.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts