Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While looking at dodges web site I see that the color pallet is quite reduced. See Below:

Billet Metallic (SE, R/T, SRT)
Blackberry Pearl (SE, R/T)
Bright White (SE, R/T)
Brillant Black (SE, R/T, SRT)
Toxic Orange (SE, R/T, SRT)
Redline (R/T, SRT)
Tungten Metalic (SE, R/T*)
*Not R/T Classic

So what happed to Det Yellow, B5 Blue, Infernio Red, TorRed, Plum Crazy, FFusica, Deep Water Blue, silver, stone white?

I thought the 392 could be had in blue and white (according to a different part of web page there are pics of these colors) however nothing when you try to build your own.

I also thought some type of "limelight" color was being made.

Also if you choose a 6 speed you CANT have the electronic package, it reports as a null option adds 995.00 and changes your tranny to an automatic.

It seems a six speed is standard this year and an automatic is a 995.00 option..(just like in the old days)

Whom ever is working on the 2011 Challenger web page dropped the ball.

Anyone have any insights in this? Mine would be dealers on sitting on thousands of 2010's . Within 200 miles of my zip and according to dodge website, their are 759 unsold 2010's

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I noticed that too about the trannys.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
So what happed to Det Yellow, B5 Blue, Infernio Red, TorRed, Plum Crazy, FFusica, Deep Water Blue, silver, stone white?
Gone but not forgotton...

I thought the 392 could be had in blue and white (according to a different part of web page there are pics of these colors) however nothing when you try to build your own.
Only the Inagural Edition 392 can be had in those two colors after that they are no more (for now) on the SRT.

I also thought some type of "limelight" color was being made.
Meet "Green With Envy" Only speculation as to the actual color as of right now.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/green-envy-order-banks-open-50380/

Whom ever is working on the 2011 Challenger web page dropped the ball.
No Dodge or Chrysler wesite has ever been up to date since the mid 90s that I can remember.:notallthere:

Anyone have any insights in this? Mine would be dealers on sitting on thousands of 2010's . Within 200 miles of my zip and according to dodge website, their are 759 unsold 2010's
Probably that plus the delay in the MY '11 production start.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i think colors are increased!

a new black
a new orange
a new red

green
blue
white

im sure they will announce some special colors in a few months....the green is sort of a special color it seems

they cant make pcp a standard color when it took 1 year to sell a few hundred of them

there are no special colors which really attract me by themselves like last year, but i think the white w/ blue stripes is an eye catcher...w/o the blue stripes id be waiting to see what the green looks like

·
Registered
348 Posts
The yellow, purple, fuchsia, and B5 were special-edition, limited run colors.

Inferno and torred were replaced with the new redline 3 paint.

Stone white was replaced with bright white.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Personally I'm not impressed with the 2011 colors with the exception of the green. If I was in the market for a challenger I would be looking at the 2010's.....just sayin....:werd:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
give it time...i dont think DY or PCP were out in Jan 2010 and Pink was the end of the year

wait until March and see whats announced

in the past the standard colors were Red, orange, Black, Silver.....the orange was the only exciting base color.....same as now....im not a fan of the brown/orange of 2011, but im sure it will stand out with the different stripe options...full body stripes will make any color look striking....

if color is #1 then find a 2010 PCP....tons of DY ones left when i searched last week...i think they look awesome too.

we will be seeing photo's of the green soon....maybe it will be high impact looking

·
Registered
129 Posts
I noticed that too about the trannys.

I'm all for that. makes more sense to have the "Auto" as an option and the "Manual" as standard. only wish they did that with the new 3.6L's.

but like you guys, I AM disappointed in the colors. we really need a Sublime, PCP, Tored, etc. those colors is what Mopar was all about in the '70s.

bring back the HIGH IMPACT COLORS!!!! :werd:

·
Banned
863 Posts
All I would need is the Black that that Redline. Redline - I saw it in person yesterday and it is the nicest red I have seen on a car - photos do no justice. That pearl looks sooo nice and deep. And I don't even like red cars!
Those 2 colors are what I would need.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
557 Posts
I would love to see a true lime green (sublime) Challenger get produced. Thus far, I've seen a few concept photos and just ONE of the SMS special editions.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Not in Canada. On the Dodge.ca website the six speed is still a $2k upgrade for the R/T and a $4k upgrade on the SRT.

And let's keep it that way! (I'm hoping to buy an automatic!). I saw that on the Canadian site, and was pretty happy about that!

I am soooo disappointed with the colours for 2011. I almost bought a 2010, and I am ONLY looking at 5 colours (orange, red, purple, pink or B5 blue). I ONLY like high impact colours, period, on Challengers. The reason I decided to wait for the 2011's, was the MDS on the new 6.4 SRT's. Now that that is here, great, but the colours suck. My favourite colour is lime green, and if that does materialize, great, I'll look into that! If not, I'll just get a 2010.

I really want to see the Redline Red. I LOVE Torred, so if the Redline is better, I may consider that.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I really want to see the Redline Red. I LOVE Torred, so if the Redline is better, I may consider that.
Trust me, look at the color in person. Redline R/t's are on the lots. You cant see the pearl on photos. I saw a Redline RT with matte black stripes and it looked down right dirty.:smokin:
It looks like Torred (which I love) in the light and gets deeper away from the light. Worth the extra 900 bucks if you are a car guy. Looks similar to my buddies custom red paint job on his 69 camaro - he spent 6k for the paint.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Was really thinking about trading in on a 392 because I would love the extra 100 horsepower but after seeing the available colors would not do it unless they have it in the B5 blue so I can keep my same color

·
Registered
891 Posts
Thanks, can't wait to see it! I though Torred was going to be pretty hard to beat!! Our Grand Caravan in Inferno Red, and it's a neat colour! When the sun hits it directly, it looks like orange. I like the metallic paints for sure!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
for 2011 there are some nice colors but overall I'm not impressed with the selection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts