Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '17 SRT 392 and I am looking for a good OBDII scanner that can access LT and ST KR values. The inexpensive scanners don't seem to be able to get at this data (or if they can, the PID for these values is not identified for what it represents).

Would I need to purchase one of the tuners just to access this data or is there any other recommended tool that would allow me to monitor this information?

Not planning on throwing a tune on the car (at least yet), but knowing what's happening with timing could help me be sure I am using good fuel and running as optimally as possible.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
You can use a Diablosport Intune or Trinity to monitor on your stock PCM. You can't load tunes, but you can monitor stuff like knock retard. You can probably find a used Intune on here for $150-250 or a used Trinity for $300-400. Then whenever you want to actually tune the car, you just need to pick up an unlocked PCM and you're in business.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
^ Yep, and if you pick up used stuff, you can usually turn around and sell the stuff later on down the road for roughly what you paid for it. Maybe you buy a Trinity used for $350. Two years from now you sell it for $300. Not too bad of a loss. You buy one new for $500 and there's no way you're selling it for anywhere close to that even the next day. If you can pick it up from a forum member, usually folks on here are pretty solid and won't screw you over on stuff, so you'll get good stuff for a bit cheaper, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts