Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R/T
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to a local car show last night and there was 2 Octane Red Challengers 1 T/A and a Scat. all I can say is if I didn't already have my Tor Red this is the color I would have in my garage all cleaned up it showed great sorry but i didn't have my phone so no pics. But Wow what an awesome color.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Octane Red is the best color offered right now IMO. My Scat Pack gets plenty of praise based on color alone.

I took this pic last week to show how cool the paint reflects light.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,710 Posts
My T/A a week ago... day and night make a difference.
WOW....just WOW!

That is one Beautiful color and Challenger! If I didn't already have Ruby (our GCM SRT 392), that would be the color I'd want (since Toxic Orange isn't available on the 2015+ Challengers)!

The nice thing is that Ruby would actually be a Ruby then! :D

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Not into Reds but I love that color!
LOL! I'm into Reds and do not like that color. Looks like the color of my father-in-laws late 70's Dodge station wagon. I know the appeal, but it's a bit too dark for my taste.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
LOL! I'm into Reds and do not like that color. Looks like the color of my father-in-laws late 70's Dodge station wagon. I know the appeal, but it's a bit too dark for my taste.
I wouldn't say that I don't like the color; in fact, under perfect lighting conditions, and viewed at the right angle, I think it's stunning. The problem is, 98% of the time, those two conditions aren't met, and it looks kinda bland. I've actually been noticing lately how many SUVs and minivans are done in colors that are very similar to that. I, too, wish the color was a little brighter. When I went to order my '17 HC, I really, really wanted to love this color, but unfortunately, I did not. I ended up with TorRed in large part because it looks almost the same in just about every kind of lighting, and from pretty much every angle.

Frank

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great color......You guys are braver than I am with your front spoilers.......not all curbs are the same height....be careful out there:smile:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Great color......You guys are braver than I am with your front spoilers.......not all curbs are the same height....be careful out there:smile:
I was thinking the same thing. I always back in to a parking spot with a curb. I had that same color on a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it was called Velvet Red. It looked great in the sun, but not so much at night. I always have trouble picking a color when I order a new car and I keep going back and forth on Octane Red for my 2018 Challenger. I am either going with Octane Red or Redline Red, haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,710 Posts
I've found that people that like red cars don't favor this color, but people that aren't fans of red seem to like the Octane Red color. I'm not bright red fan, but just because I wouldn't own a red car, doesn't meat I don't appreciate how they look. I just happen to like the subdued look of a brighter shade of burgundy.

If you took that Octane Red Challenger and put some silver stripes on it for some contrast, I'd bet it would look absolutely incredible!

Just my opinion though. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
I like red cars, and I think it's an awesome color :) A Guy

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Mr Monte, look up PDX Mopar Muscle, the next time you are in the Portland area. We have stuff going on all the time. August 5th is my Mopars on the Mountain event. We cruise up to Castle Rock, WA, about 150 cars, and then drive up to the Johnson Ridge Observatory. I'll post something in the Clubs section, soon.

The drive up looks like this! And the second photo is my friends Octane Red R/T second in line. It always looks great.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts