Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Octane Red Paint color

40K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  grandpa-srt4 
#1 ·
Took my car to a local car show last night and there was 2 Octane Red Challengers 1 T/A and a Scat. all I can say is if I didn't already have my Tor Red this is the color I would have in my garage all cleaned up it showed great sorry but i didn't have my phone so no pics. But Wow what an awesome color.

#3 ·
Octane Red is the best color offered right now IMO. My Scat Pack gets plenty of praise based on color alone.

I took this pic last week to show how cool the paint reflects light.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

#11 ·
WOW....just WOW!

That is one Beautiful color and Challenger! If I didn't already have Ruby (our GCM SRT 392), that would be the color I'd want (since Toxic Orange isn't available on the 2015+ Challengers)!

The nice thing is that Ruby would actually be a Ruby then! :D

#17 ·
I was thinking the same thing. I always back in to a parking spot with a curb. I had that same color on a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it was called Velvet Red. It looked great in the sun, but not so much at night. I always have trouble picking a color when I order a new car and I keep going back and forth on Octane Red for my 2018 Challenger. I am either going with Octane Red or Redline Red, haven't decided yet.

#18 ·
I've found that people that like red cars don't favor this color, but people that aren't fans of red seem to like the Octane Red color. I'm not bright red fan, but just because I wouldn't own a red car, doesn't meat I don't appreciate how they look. I just happen to like the subdued look of a brighter shade of burgundy.

If you took that Octane Red Challenger and put some silver stripes on it for some contrast, I'd bet it would look absolutely incredible!

Just my opinion though. :cheers:

#19 ·
I like red cars, and I think it's an awesome color :) A Guy

#20 ·
Mr Monte, look up PDX Mopar Muscle, the next time you are in the Portland area. We have stuff going on all the time. August 5th is my Mopars on the Mountain event. We cruise up to Castle Rock, WA, about 150 cars, and then drive up to the Johnson Ridge Observatory. I'll post something in the Clubs section, soon.

The drive up looks like this! And the second photo is my friends Octane Red R/T second in line. It always looks great.

Attachments

Reactions: MrMac
#22 ·
I've been called exceptional...actually it was special...actually if was when I was a child, and they weren't smiling...hmmm...

A Guy

Reactions: MrMac
#27 ·
I was torn between the Max Steel and Octane Red. So my wife made the decision for me. She says the Maximum Steel screams, "I'm hot," but the Octane Red says "JUST DO ME!" Obviously you see who won, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: FreddyG and MrMac
#31 ·
Octane Red would have made me reconsider Black...not change to it, but reconsider it...awesome color.

A Guy

#34 ·
Have you considered badging it up. Vinyl?????? Octane takes vinyl SO well....... almost a sin.

#36 ·
Yeah, this color has taken on a life of it's own. Seems I've seen more new Challengers in the past 3 months than I did in the past 3 yeras. Darn near every new Challenger I've seen over the past several months has been Octane Red, a few Destroyer Grey's but they seem to be fizzling out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.