Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really digging the octane red color for my future car. Those of you who have it, how much does it show dirt/dust? How often do you have to clean it? What's the best ceramic or wax to use on it? Does it ever look *too* dark in dim light or overcast skies? Kinda debating between OR and redline red.

Also, I'm curious why it's a rare color to find on the used market in the 392 trim levels. Especially the SRT 392's...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'm really digging the octane red color for my future car. Those of you who have it, how much does it show dirt/dust? How often do you have to clean it? What's the best ceramic or wax to use on it? Does it ever look *too* dark in dim light or overcast skies? Kinda debating between OR and redline red.

Also, I'm curious why it's a rare color to find on the used market in the 392 trim levels. Especially the SRT 392's...

Like my Hellcat in octane red. I could have chosen a F8 green, or a yellow (wide body) Hellcat, but the octane red won out.

Shows dirt/dust about like my previous Lapis Blue car or my current dark green car and shows it more than my previous arctic silver or white car. A bit of dirt and dust doesn't make the car ugly and doesn't bother me. Can't wash my cars very often. Can't wash the cars where I live and DIY car washes around here suck. I wash the Hellcat (or my dark green JCW) about once a month unless for some reason -- lots of wind and therefore lots of dust -- the cars really need washing sooner. Now that we are getting lots of rain no sense in washing either car only to have it dirty again next time I drive it in the rain.

I have yet to see it in any kind of light in which I don't like the octane red color for any reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Doesn't show dirt too badly just get a good ceramic coating and it stays cleaner even longer.. I had a hard time choosing between colors when I ordered mine until I saw octane in person. With that color and the Demonic red interior I was hooked..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,120 Posts
When the sun is shining octane red is an amazing and vibrant intense dark red metallic color that I love!
But on overcast days and in dim lighting it loses its appeal for me. From a distance it appears very dark and has a brownish overtone I don't care for. I almost bought a 300 in this color back in 2016.

With that being said it is still top 5 color choice for me, but I'm hoping for Fortuno's gold next year!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't show dirt too badly just get a good ceramic coating and it stays cleaner even longer.. I had a hard time choosing between colors when I ordered mine until I saw octane in person. With that color and the Demonic red interior I was hooked..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That's just too gorgeous

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
our RAM 4x4 is octane red. its an interesting color. cloudy or dark skies and its almost a flat blood red, but under lights or a sunny day and holy cow does it ever pop. reminds me alot of the old school candy apple red.
it does show light dusty dirt a bit more than lighter colors like white or silver. it seem to have really grown in popularity in 2018 maybe thats because every new dodge hellcat review seemed to have an octane red widebody in it..lol i dont think you could go wrong with either choice mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Reactions: Speedlogix-Sales

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm not a fan of red but that Octane Red is one beautiful color! Probably the only other color I would have gotten. I chose the Billet Silver Metallic since it's a daily driver and hides scratches and dirt better then darker colors but I keep it CLEAN.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
That tree scares me :oops:

A Guy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts