Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!

October Challenger of the Month - Fall / Halloween

• icecoldmn

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • MurdeRHorneT5.7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • zup28w

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • WideCat21

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • LilShaker

• Midlife Mischief

• Bob Ricewasser

• SFCR

• C00pD0g

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Brian392

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • DirectConnection

Votes: 16 48.5%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The October Challenger of the Month contest is live. Please read carefully below.

THIS MONTH'S THEME:
Its October. Lets see some Fall foliage, something Halloween or something related to the season.

• The last week of each month, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote.
  • You must own the submitted ride.
  • I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your ride. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your ride's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to September's Challenger of the Month winner, @dojobrobro!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
246 Posts
Here's a fun foliage pic from Massachusetts in the fall. My wife and I went to a bed and breakfast in Warren, MA. The driveway is 3/4 mile dirt trail. Grateful we did not go in winter or after a heavy rain storm. The bed and breakfast is a log cabin in the woods that is totally off the grid. I have to admit, it was fun driving down this road, but you have to do it at a snail's pace.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

I know... there's no car in this picture... but this is part of the road that goes with the first picture and the story.
Plant Plant community Sky Natural landscape Wood

Here are some new additions

Trees not as colorful here - Fellsway located North of Boston
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

By Spot Pond in Stoneham, MA ... nicer foliage here

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
156 Posts
OK, without trying to sound like sour grapes - I was beaten out by a member in a contest a couple of months ago, who had ignored the rules and posted mostly shots of his exterior even though the contest was specifically about “interior” mods. Having said that, I’m a little worried that it may be happening again. As specifically outlined in bold at the start of this month’s contest:
This Month’s Theme: Its October. Lets see some Fall foliage, something Halloween or something related to the season.
Many of the submissions have zero connection to the theme. Administrator needs to enforce the requirements or not bother posting them. My two cents and if the majority disagree with me then change the wording to read: ”This month’s theme is just a suggestion and anything goes”

·
Administrator
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, without trying to sound like sour grapes - I was beaten out by a member in a contest a couple of months ago, who had ignored the rules and posted mostly shots of his exterior even though the contest was specifically about “interior” mods. Having said that, I’m a little worried that it may be happening again. As specifically outlined in bold at the start of this month’s contest:
This Month’s Theme: Its October. Lets see some Fall foliage, something Halloween or something related to the season.
Many of the submissions have zero connection to the theme. Administrator needs to enforce the requirements or not bother posting them. My two cents and if the majority disagree with me then change the wording to read: ”This month’s theme is just a suggestion and anything goes”
First, which month was this? B/c I try and be fair in all the contests I run, but I do make mistakes. You can PM me directly if you'd like.

Second, I have been buried this week but was going to start going through the ROTM contests I manage today to clean them up. Looks like this site definitely needs it. Going through entries now.

-Mike

·
Administrator
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I've gone through and removed pretty much all entries. I know thats going to cause quite an uproar but this isn't hard guys. Find something that fits Fall and take a pic. I know how much you all drive your cars...this should be easy for most everyone right now. But what was said above is accurate...if I'm not going to enforce my own rules, then what am I doing here?

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,171 Posts
C'mon you guys, you aren't even trying ;)

Lets see some Fall foliage, something Halloween or something related to the season

We all love our/your cars, but there is a theme this month ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Maxedwell

·
Registered
48 Posts
2016 Scatpack Pumpkin Shaker Frankenstein?

Or at least it was a normal shaker before Halloween.

For the past year, I have been building up my Scatpack with OEM parts from its faster bothers resulting in a Frankenstein build because some parts are from wrecked challengers.

Oem Parts List:
2021 Pumpkin Shaker conversion kit
2020 Hellcat Redeye Halloween Shirt
2019 Hellcat Widebody donor
2018 Demon: Hood, Steering wheel, Rear seat delete. Rear Rims
2016 Viper ACR Front Brembos
1999 Viper ACR harness

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Grille

My car still has the shaker bracket, so why not put a pumpkin on it for Halloween
The air grabber sticker is a little crispy because the Demon it came off burned down its engine.

Pumpkin Cucurbita Plant Winter squash Calabaza

2020 limited edition dodge life Halloween shirt with 1999 Viper ACR Harness I wish the scat pack owners would get some love, but we don't. Dodge only makes holiday merch for the hellcat owners :(
Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musician Guitar

Unfortunately, I can't drive my car at the moment because I am still in the process of converting it and have not had time to work on the car. Some random pumpkins showed up to keep it company.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

2016 Viper ACR Brakes, which is tied as my favorite mod with the demon hood

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Plant

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,171 Posts

A Guy

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
How about a creepy abandoned chemical plant
Might not look like fall but this was just last weekend 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 1033606
View attachment 1033664
View attachment 1033665

sure those are nice, but everything is still green here so that’s not even possible. A few leaves have just started falling off the trees but no colour changes yet 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1033686
Same here. Looks like the middle of July outside here in North Alabama and I am not going to photo shop. Don't think it should be allowed. I am just going to have to look harder!
For good or bad, I will submit something. This is supposed to be about having fun and showing off our cars within the rule boundaries! :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts