Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've been practicing my 0-60 on my 6-speed SRT8 using the vehicle's electronic timer and gotten down to some erratic, but decent, times. I can hit in the 4.5 range with some regularity with the occasional 5.0 or so due to spinning the tires. But yesterday, cool weather, clean road, perfect launch and some wheel spin from first to second. When I look up the read-out says 3.55. I know neither myself or the car is capable of such a time so what is the deal? Do the electronics register wheel spin, GPS or?? What could cause such a reading and does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
really
OK, I've been practicing my 0-60 on my 6-speed SRT8 using the vehicle's electronic timer and gotten down to some erratic, but decent, times. I can hit in the 4.5 range with some regularity with the occasional 5.0 or so due to spinning the tires. But yesterday, cool weather, clean road, perfect launch and some wheel spin from first to second. When I look up the read-out says 3.55. I know neither myself or the car is capable of such a time so what is the deal? Do the electronics register wheel spin, GPS or?? What could cause such a reading and does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
Im wondering if the 60 mph mark is measured from the tone ring on the front wheels? Erratic times show variable factors, and as such need to be averaged, rather than just looking at the best time in perfect conditions. At any rate, you're getting some really great times! :)

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts

Thanks
I wish I could tell you it's because it's B5 but it's not ! When she breaks loose in second you can trigger the 60 mph flag and that stops the timer. Those mid 4's are way below average on the stick.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
My guess... wheel spin caused an aberrant reading. I got a 117 mph trap speed in the 1/4 mile once with my R/T.... because I hit a bad bump in the road that broke the rear end loose at the end - LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts