Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm in the process of doing some 'anti bling' to the Purple Machine, reveal later..... , So I order a matte 'T' stripe for the hood, it arrives quick, but damaged- see pics. I e-mail them and let them know, ask for a return tag and replacement,

I say: "there is a large smashed corner making the stripe uninstallable. Do you want me to send this back, or do you just want to send a *carefully* packed replacement??"

They say: " If you are not comfortable with the stripe you can return it for a refund."
"We are not going to ship another stripe because more than likely it will look the same way when it gets to you."

I say: "You'll see from the picture that actual vinyl is creased, and that will show up no matter what. would you install a damaged decal on your new muscle car?
You don't want to replace it, because your pretty sure the replacement will arrive damaged as well? "

they say: " If you do not feel comfortable during the install or have someone to install it for you, then you can return it for a full refund. "

The co. is BigWorm, btw. And I'm sure they've been great to everyone out there, probably even popped out of the closet this morning and buttered your toast for you, but this is what I got from them. Stripe has already been returned and promptly refunded.

These are excerpts, and not the full conversations, but do you think this is Ok, or am I overreacting in thinking this sucks?

:werd:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Wow, I am surprised. I was thrilled with them and their service, but I had them install it not ship it.

The most important thing is they didn't tell you to pound sand, they promptly refunded your money. They are in business, so the fact that they chose to give you your money back when you would have happily just exchanged the item and let them keep the sale tells me there is something more to the story. Maybe they have had a lot of returns on that particular style due to shipping damage, who knows. Could be a number of things.

Sorry to hear it though, I know I spent a lot of time picking the right vinyl and it would have been frustrating to have to start over with a different vendor. Good luck finding an alternative at Rider Graphics or somewhere else with which you're just as happy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
A month and a half ago I emailed them asking for stripe samples so I could decide which color to go with. They did email me back saying that they didn't make any billboard decals. Never got my stripe samples I requested and I moved on to get them from a local vendor who just started doing graphics. Snooze you lose.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I asked for samples and got them in like 3 days? sometimes things happen. But they are obviously upright people they gave you the refund asap and many would have put you through the ringer just for that. I plan on visiting him shortly and getting mine done by him. I do know from experience that with vinyl things can look bad when they really aren't. some marks and creases go away when you install them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts