Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2011 SRT8, I've read through the owners manual and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the total miles to register on my dash. The "A" and "B" miles will show, but not the total miles until you shut the engine off. Then they will register. What am I not doing? I'm sure it's something simple, am I just too technically challenged to make it happen???...lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I've got a 2011 SRT8, I've read through the owners manual and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the total miles to register on my dash. The "A" and "B" miles will show, but not the total miles until you shut the engine off. Then they will register. What am I not doing? I'm sure it's something simple, am I just too technically challenged to make it happen???...lol
The only time I can see total miles is immediately after the car is shut off and you open the door. At least that is what I have found.

Like you, I looked in owners manual and tried all the menu buttons.

I hope someone has another way.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
If you have an EVIC - and are not at "Home" - then other stuff shows up - like this on my 2010 and 2012 - hit the Home button or scroll through until you get back home.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Pressing the stick pin button on the trip odometer for a moment will cycle the odometer display between Total miles, Trip A
and Trip B. If you DON'T have the EVIC option, the display cycle will also include the outside temperature. If either of the Trip
odometer's are currently displayed and this knob is held in for a second or two, that trip odometer will be reset to 0.0 mi.

This tip is also documented in the 2009 Challenger Owner's Manual [ pg. 158 ]

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pressing the stick pin button on the trip odometer for a moment will cycle the odometer display between Total miles, Trip A
and Trip B. If you DON'T have the EVIC option, the display cycle will also include the outside temperature. If either of the Trip
odometer's are currently displayed and this knob is held in for a second or two, that trip odometer will be reset to 0.0 mi.

THANK YOU! I've always reset the "A" and "B" off of the steering wheel in EVIC, it never occurred to me to press the stick pin button! Worked like a charm! Learn something every day!:IThankYou:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Thanks, can't believe it was that simple.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
I had a 2010 SE for months before I found out that the center armrest slides forward.
I also found that on my own. You'd think the sales people would point out all the features.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I love the internet! :) This just saved me a lot of frustration! lol

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If the "Sport" button is active total miles will not show until you deactivate it. If you turn off TCS it will not show until you turn it back on.

I usually just cycle through the EVIC until I get to the "home" screen that just shows the Temp and radio station - it has the total miles shown.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This is an old thread but it just helped me get my odometer to show lol, so thank you. Had the car's oil changed but the guys that did this changed up the readings, probably to reset the "Oil Change Needed" readout on the dash.

Thanks again, love this forum.

Alex

·
Registered
1 Posts
Press the button on the dash next to the fuel gauge. I had the same problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts